“Just Ok!”

El Tapatio
Ranked #27 of 61 Restaurants in Junction City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The resturant is quaint. Servers were attentive to the few customers that were there. As far as the food, I guess i was hoping for better since its the #1 rated resturant. If I was home in Colorado it would be rated mediocre at best. But for a small Kansas town I can see why they like it. Would I eat here again, maybe towards the end of my stay if I was here long enough. You wont be upset at the food at all, I was hoping for something extrodinary is all.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place had a good atmoshpere and the service was quick, correct, and friendly. The food was great and the portions were more than we could eat.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I would give this average for food, but they get a point for being nice in a town without much in the way of outdoor dining. When travelling with our dog, we need someplace where he can be out of the heat. They unlocked the patio door for us, which was very nice.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I think it used to be an old cafe of sorts or maybe even an old fast food restraunt. They remodel here every few years and change the menu around here and there. They always have a lunch special and they have good drink specials. This place has good food hands down, I have had poor service here before but I have never had a bad meal. They have a good habanero salsa that has a nice slow burn to it. I try to get something different every time I eat there and have enjoyed almost all of it. The have a pretty good horchata drink that I frequently get and their deserts aren't bad but I don't frequently get them. They make their ground beef entres with onions and seasonings that you can taste. I have eaten at every Mexican restaurant in the area and this is by far my favorite.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stopped here based on their tripadvisor rating and was not disappointed. The food was very good and the service was excellent. I would even consider driving the one mile off the interstate to eat here, while driving through town. They are that quick, and the price is remarkable.