“Nice atmosphere.”
Review of Kite's Grill and Bar - CLOSED

Kite's Grill and Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went to Kite's 1/31/13. Only one other place in town that serves steaks. I had the KC Strip with baked potato side dish, the second side did not show up. For my appetiser, I had the Southwest Eggrolls.
Was not told that the 'stuffed/loaded' potato would be $1.99 extra. I thought the 8 halved, puny eggrolls would be significantly larger. Had I known they were smaller than your average real eggroll, I wouldn't have paid $8.59. They tasted good, but not THAT good.
The 21 day aged KC Strip, was an utter disappointment. Ordered rare, it came out barely warm, and flat tasting. I hate to say this, but I've had MUCH better from a buffet line.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

There is nothing I disliked about this place.

I liked the staff, the service, the atmosphere and the friendliness of the patrons who frequent this location. Happy hour is great too.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

It's our family's favorite place to go in JC. We've eaten here at least six times with friends, family and nights out as a couple. We love the atmosphere, even though we aren't K State fans lol. The service is always quick and attentive. Get the mozzarella sticks, they are awesome. I try something new each time I go and I'm never disappointed. The portions are big and the fries are some of my favorite. They give you too many fries in my opinion. We don't go on game days and usually go during the week, since we don't like crowds. It's our go to restaurant when we can't decide where to go.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Mozzarella sticks are amazing and I get these every time. The menu has a wide selection of american style food.

Service is hit or miss... sometimes okay, sometimes SUCKS. I had to leave one time with my leftover wrap in a napkin cause I couldn't find someone to ask for a box, and after we payed our ticket they never showed back up in the room and I got tired of waiting.

Very little parking, even though their dining area is huge, with at least three different seating rooms, which doesn't make sense... If you're going with a group, I suggest car pooling.

As far as the scene goes, it's usually college groupies and military. Can get kinda loud when games are playing.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've only lived in Junction City a few months and have been to Kite's a few times now. Its a relaxed and cozy environment. The food is served in fairly large portions and I have yet to order anything that I didn't like or didn't meet my expectations. The servers are very informative of what's served on their menu and daily specials. I was super excited when I went there for a drink this afternoon and found out that they serve $2 32oz Margaritas on Wednesdays as a ladies night special. I don't even remotely agree with the previous posts bashing them... But I guess people usually don't go online to praise businesses for GOOD food and service...