“Not too bad-hit the spot!”
Review of Kite's Grill and Bar - CLOSED

Kite's Grill and Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I've been here twice. The food is decent, but haven't been too impressed with the service. The first time, the server kept forgetting us. The second time, I felt like being there was an imposition. Food was good. tho. Made up for the service.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

It's a bar. And rightly so I think you almost have to be drunk to enjoy the food. Potato soup is more water than soup. And they are very exspensive. Service is what you would expect in JC though---slow.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Kite's is our favorite restaurant in Junction City, KS. Driving from IL to CO we try to arrange our driving schedule so we can stop at Kite's for dinner. One of our favorites is the Black & Bleu Steak Salad. Strips of blackened steak on a bed of lettuce, with blue cheese dressing and bacon bits & blue cheese crumbles. Very good!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Went in and only two booths were occupied, so we sat in between....in ten minutes time, two waitresses came to those booths twice, and another waitress and server walked by us....no one greeted us or said, "someone will be here soon."...we waited a couple more minutes then left.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have always enjoyed the Kite's locations in Manhattan (sadly, the Hwy 24 one closed). I have visited the Junction City location a few times in the back room for my husband's work events, but had never sat in the main dining area until a few weeks ago. The menu selection is great and they seem to have some options that the Aggieville location doesn't. Their sweet potato fries are yummy. I was disappointed with the tenderness of the roast pork in my Cuban sandwich (didn't seem to have cooked long enough), but everything else was good. Nice option for eating out in JC.