“Nice Job!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Iola
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This Hotel does a nice job of taking care of their guests. Tina showed much care from the time I checked in to when I left. The rooms were very clean. The parking lot had plenty of room to park the truck that I drive. I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Don't believe the story about bugs! We have stayed at this property 3 times in the last year and have never seen a pest. The rooms have always been clean and on our most recent visit were freshly painted and updated with new beds and bedding. The sheets were very soft, the bath towels very good and everything was spotless. My only suggestion would be to update the TV's to flat screens & provide a nightstand for the second queen bed. It's also a very quiet hotel. We will definitely stay here for future visits.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank KansasBreeze
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I along with our 2 young boys stayed at this hotel while visiting my Mother in Law from a small nearby town. When we checked into our room our 9 year old son opened the bedside table drawer and found an empty WILD TURKEY liquer bottle. As the evening wore on we noticed little tiny bugs which my husband identified as termites, we had to shut lights off and turn the bathroom light on to draw them out of the area of the beds. This was not a very nice stay for us. We were also told that the swimming pool was heated and it was not. we all had wanted to go swimming but was unable to.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BlJmNa
Reviewed March 22, 2013

greetings. this hotel is really nice. they have clean rooms and they are very friendly at the front desk. the restaurant and bar is on the same property. they have really good food. great service with a smile and friendly wait staff i will recomend them to all of my bussiness associates as we travel frequently.

Room Tip: room 131 on the front side of the motel very nice room!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank george p
tina p, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for your review we try and make everyone stay a pleasant experience we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Iola.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after having a horrendous bed bug experience at the Super 8 down the road near the highway and to our shock, this hotel also had bugs.

Dead ants lined the bathroom tile floor. Why don't Iola KS hotels clean their rooms!?

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank NYCGypsy0
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stopped here on the way home from a trip to Missouri. The rooms were large and very comfortable. At the time we stayed it was not yet an Americas Best but I agree with some of the other writers, the motel does need some updating. That being said, it was still a nice place to stop and the resturant was right there in the parking lot. I did not notice the noise and my wife said she did not notice it either. I am hard of hearing so I trust her on the noise level.

Room Tip: Get a room to the back. There is a lot of business at the resturant so the rooms at the back are qu...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stay at this hotel about 5-6 nights per year when I ride the Prairie Sprit Trail. Overall views: The hotel has several things going for it... off highway, big rooms, vaulted ceilings, large lobby, big parking lot and the best resterant in Iola next door (Greenery Inn).

Where the hotel fails: The exterior has not been updated since the 1960's, it gets very noisy in the evenings (I just leave the bathroom fan on all night to compensate for this), the restrooms have not been updated since the 1960's. The property is in need of a solid update to justify the rate.

The breakfast was above average, checkin was easy with no problems. I did not try the internet, so I cannot confirm internet speeds. The air conditioning cooled to my comfort level. It did cycle on and off a lot, and there was no setting for the fan to remain on when the air conditioner has cycled.

I really like this property and it could could be a really nice hotel with some money spent on updating the hotel. (The Greenery Inn has proven this can work in Iola). I did not feel that $66 a night rate was a value at this point. If it wasn't for the this resterant and the proximenty to the trail, I would stay at the Super 8.

Beware: They did have information for Americinn on the lobby, and it looks like they are getting ready to change to this franchise.

Room Tip: Try to stay to the back of the property to help reduce guest noise and traffic noise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Iola
Super 8 Iola KS
Knights Inn Chanute
Knights Inn Chanute
#1 of 5 in Chanute
Guest House Motel Chanute

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!