“fun place, good drinks and food”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Tulsa
“fun place, good drinks and food”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

this is one of the favorite watering holes in indy. has good food and a fun crowd every time I have been. can get a bit noisy on a busy night but the crowd is up scale and locals. have always had a good time and enjoyed.

Visited October 2013

Sudbury, MA
“Nice place for food and drinks”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Not that many options in Independence, KS, but Uncle Jack's is worth checking out. We enjoyed a group dinner here while in town. Owner came over to greet us and make sure everything was okay. Nice ambiance. The main reason for a three star rating is that the food -- arguably the most important part of dinner... -- didn't leave much of an impression. Some of us had steaks, mostly the KC strip recommended by the owner, and found them to be okay but not great. One was ordered very rare but came out medium like all the other ones. Regardless of what was ordered, we all felt the food was very adequate and tasty, just not special. But we had a lot of fun, so I guess I bump the rating up to 4.

• Visited September 2013
Topeka, Kansas
“Fun atmosphere, great bar food and more”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were being treated to lunch on a Saturday by a local, and he was excited to share this place with us. The decor was very freshly redone. (So fresh that they didn't yet have booths...all chairs were high bar chairs, kind of uncomfortable for some in our party.)

There were LOTS of great choices on the menu, including some really creative burgers. My wife had one that came with breaded and fried jalapeno pepper strips. My son ordered chicken skewers...bite-size pieces battered and fried and served on sticks. Very fun for this twelve-year-old. He had fries on the side, and my wife and I took turns stealing one or two off his plate now and then. I ordered the hot hamburger, a hamburger patty served on fries and smothered with a delicious brown gravy.

Our host had the "Baconator"...a huge burger topped with lots of bacon and a fried egg. It looked delicious and he struggled to finish it.

My only complaint was that I would have liked a larger meat patty or perhaps two of the size I had (and thus wouldn't have been compelled to steal fries off my son's plate!). Maybe next time I'll get a Baconator minus egg and plus gravy.

The service was good, atmosphere was fun and there were plenty of TVs for anyone who wanted to catch sports scores.

We visited during the day, and it was nice to be able to look out onto the main downtown street of Independence. Plenty of large windows wrap this corner location, allowing daylight to pour in.

My wife remarked that the ladies room decor was very creative, with high-heeled shoes serving as door handles on the stalls.

• Visited August 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Good place for drinks - Nice food offering”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Had dinner for five at Uncle Jack's on Monday evening. This is one of the few restaurants open in the area on Monday night - and it was a good find. Good menu, plenty of food offerings. Lots of burgers - but I had the KC strip steak. Good service with a smile. We enjoyed our visit and the owner came by to ask if everything was to our liking. Would recommend!

• Visited July 2013
League City, Texas
“Great place to eat and have a few drinks!!!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Great menu with choices for everyone. They have a full bar and a very friendly staff. The owner personally came up and asked how everything was. That goes a long way with me. I will definitely return.

• Visited July 2013