“There's better out there.”

Days Inn & Suites Hutchinson
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Hutchinson
New Iberia, Louisiana
“There's better out there.”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

First and foremost, the a/c was off in the room upon arrival. It was almost 90 degrees in the room. Battery on smoke detector went out and was never replaced because the batteries were locked in the managers office who was on vacation.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Don't stay here! We stayed for two nights. Bad mistake! Check in was ok buy when we open the door to our room the air conditioner was not even turned on. The out side temp was 105 and the temp in the room was 99 at 2:30 in the afternoon. We had a queen bed and a sofa sleeper room. The sleeper mattress was a joke! It was 2 inch thick piece of foam that we had to put on the floor to sleep on. No other room were available The hotel was dirty with trash cans overflowing! They had just finished resurfacing the black top parking lot and the stuff made you shoes stick to black top not to mention it raises the temp around the building by 20 degrees! please don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2011

Travelers are raving about these Hutchinson hotels

OK
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed here 4 nights on business. The place is formerly a microtel, so it has small quarters, but everything is clean and comfortable. Quiet. Flat screen TVs. Nice staff. Ended up switching rooms due to AC issue, but staff was so accommodating. Let me keep both rooms overnight so I could get some sleep and move the rest of my stuff in the am. Old reviews are outdated. Breakfast was great!! Will stay again!!

• Stayed July 2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stopped overnight while driving across the country. Just needed a place to sleep and for me to do some computer work. Called ahead and booked a suite for two adults and a cat. Staff very helpful and friendly, both on phone and in person. Room was spacious, comfortable, and very clean. Apparently it used to be a Microtel, but with the change to Days Inn the problems cited in older reviews have been solved. The whole place looks as though it's been recently remodeled. Free breakfast was all carbs, no protein, but after all it's the Midwest. Wireless internet worked on first try and was reasonably fast. $89 for a suite, plus $12 for the cat. Good value.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Springfield
Reviewed August 16, 2008

The rooms are cheerful and clean. There was plenty to choose from on the breakfast bar. But what made this hotel really outstanding was the staff. We found them to be always friendly and helpful. A good value in Hutchinson.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Kansas
Reviewed January 2, 2008

I stayed with my family at the Microtel Inn & Suites in Hutchinson, KS for 5 nights and I asked the manager and the receptionist to send a direct bill to Krause Co. Unfortunately they did not do it and charged my credit card for 6 nights without my permission. I called my bank and initiated disputing a charge on my credit card. They charged $376.10 for six nights, but I stayed only five nights and the charge should be around $314. Also I called the hotel and tried to reach the manager, she was always out of her office. But the receptionist wanted to help me, but I still have my card charged.

As for the room conditions I would like to state that it is dirty place. For 5 days none took our trash or changed the towels. Our room was not on the list of the cleaning person. The room was foul, bathroom was squalid, and the hall and the elevator were grimy. It was awful and terrible experience for my family.

I stayed there with my little daughters and they both got diarrhea and lots of little bumps on the skin. We are suffering from this and affected with a physical illness.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank 7nova
Kansas City
Reviewed July 20, 2006

Okay, we stay at hotels an average of about 20 days a year with our son's traveling baseball team. We've seen the good, the bad and the average. The staff at this hotel are all-stars. Seriously. First, at check-in, the desk help bends over backwards to accomodate us after a very frightening encounter at the indy at which we had made reservations (see Trails West). Then, later that evening, we needed to wash our son's uniforms out and they simply let us do it using their equipment. Didn't try to charge us or even suggest any fees. I later looked at a card in the room where cleaning services were offered (oops, didn't see it before). I did give him a generous tip when we were checking out. The next day, they held our checkout time to see if our team won because if they did, we would need to stay a second night. Unfortunately, we lost, but the folks at the Microtel were nice either way. I talked to several people in housekeeping, the manager and the daytime desk person. They were all genuinely nice people. The breakfast was solid, (good waffles) and the room was perfect for us. It was 110 degrees outside, but our room was extremely comfortable. The little fridge in the room was pretty big too. If you just HAVE to have a pool, I'd suggest the water park (salt city) across from the Hutch Zoo. It's very reasonable (my wife and kids, 3 and 9, got in for $8.50 total.) We will definitely stay here the next time we come to Hutch.

Stayed June 2006