“Hibachi Buffet not a place to eat.”
Review of City Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
City Buffet
Cuisines: Asian
Sterling, Kansas, United States
“Hibachi Buffet not a place to eat.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We went to the Christmas Seafood Buffet. The restaurant was filthy---table sticky, walls covered with dirt and splatter, and the buffet area grimy. The food was absolutely bland. Some of the food that was suppose to be hot was cold on the buffet. Even a prepacked individual ice cream container did not have any flavor--just pink coloring. We would never go back to this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012

Hutchinson, Kansas
“now called Hibachi sushi buffet I would not go back”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We ordered out food a couple of times just after they remodeled and changed the name. The soup and egg fu yung were actually pretty good. So when Christmas rolled around and we heard they were open we decided to go. They were having a seafood buffet so the selection of other dishes on the buffet was not too great and everything seemed to taste the same. We did try the grill, the guy was entertaining enough but the food could have still been better. Then we went to pay and needed to divide the ticket up so that we each paid for our own food. I told the lady I had a buffet and a soft drink, but she charged me for the price of my mother's meal which she ordered off the menu. She managed to ring my brother up correctly but after "correcting" my ticket by charging me separately for the difference, she charged my mother for a buffet, which she "corrected" by giving her cash. In the middle of this, she also handled a transaction for a man behind us who asked quite loudly if she had given him the discount she was supposed to because he found hair in his food. Overall, this was a big disappointment, I cannot recommend this place to anyone at this point.

• Visited December 2012