“Lovely place with enthusiastic service”

Jillian's Italian Grill
Ranked #2 of 119 Restaurants in Hutchinson
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manhattan, Kansas
“Lovely place with enthusiastic service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a stylish but family-friendly restaurant right in downtown Hutchinson. Our waitress was genuine and personable even though we had a big group of people, and when she made a small mistake, she was quick to own up to it and make it right. The children enjoyed their small pizzas enormously (and I was a little envious), and although the fettucine alfredo was flavorless and heavy, the salad entree with balsamic dressing was unique and delicious.

We ate inside, but the outdoor seating looked great, with a fire, a handsome brick wall to block street noise, and lots of seating. If we go back to Hutchinson and the weather is fine, we'll ask to sit there.

• Visited September 2013

Ohio
“I'd give it a 3.5”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for dinner while visiting and decided to eat outside because it was a lovely evening. Unfortunately, the ambience was spoiled by a table of extraordinarily loud 65ish local residents apparently trying to recapture their youth. The food was lackluster. The aged lettuce in my salad should have been thrown out a while ago, and the dressing had little taste. The 4 shrimp atop my pasta diabolo were perfectly cooked. The huge portion of pasta had plenty of cayenne pepper but not much else to recommend it. I would not order either item again. Our service was a little slow, but not so much that it bothered me. The musical entertainment was very nice. Were I to eat here again, I'd try the pizza, which looked delicious.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank JJTOH
karma5207
“Great little gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

What a great find. I travel all the time and am pleasantly surprised to find this kind of culinary experience. Great food, great atmosphere, and great service.

• Visited August 2013
Hutchinson, Kansas
“Nice restaurant downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

A beautiful restaurant in historic downtown Hutchinson. Great atmosphere, food and service. Beautiful inside dining and lovely outside patio. A must for fine dining in Hutchinson! The wood fired pizza oven makes some of the best ever!!

• Visited July 2013
McPherson, Kansas
“Great food, great service . . . but noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Although it was coincidental, I ended up eating at Jillian's three times in the past few weeks, including both lunch and dinner. The food was consistently quite good, and the waitresses were top-notch each time I was there. In fact, the one who served us when we were there for dinner could be in the waitress hall of fame! The building is really interesting, and the interior has subdued lighting. My one criticism of the atmosphere is that the music was really cranked up. So if you are looking for a place for a quiet romantic dinner, be forewarned.

• Visited July 2013