“A Different Mom and Pop Motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunflower Motel

Sunflower Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hiawatha
Sunflower Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hiawatha B&B and Inns
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“A Different Mom and Pop Motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Hiawatha , KS was my July 4th destination. Don't ask. The Sunflower Motel has been around since the mid 1950s. The parking, although at your door, is somewhat unique. That caught my eye. Mary is a great gal. I had an issue with my first room, which she quickly remedied. I will say that the motel is under renovation. Some rooms have new bathrooms. Some rooms have flat screen TVs. The motel is very nostalgic. My room although dated, was very clean. The cable is very easy. The wi-fi worked. Although not lit, the neon sign is still on site. Staying at the motel will give you a discount at several local eateries. The Sunflower is a nice walk from uptown. Go check it out. Go check out the Davis Memorial.

Room Tip: Motel is on a low traveled highway. It is pretty quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Steve K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Michigan City, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Driving from the shores of lake Michigan to Denver on Hwy 36 we were so glad we missed St Joe, MO, and landed at the Sunflower Motel in Hiawatha. My husband, an air flight engineer retired world traveler and I slept like babies on the king size bed. Great price too! Very friendly and accommodating. Mary, the Inn Keeper, even directed us to a great dinner and breakfast. What a nice stay! Thanks again Mary!

Room Tip: Room 17 was greeaat!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank markat1942
Hiawatha, ks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

This is a great little place to stay. It has been recently remodeled and is clean. The management bend over backwards to be helpful; even offered to go to fast food restaurant for us!!! I highly recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in Hiawatha, Kansas!

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Mel H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

My affection for the Sunflower Motel began even before my trip, when I called to reserve a room.
After the business was taken care of, Mary, the owner, and I spoke for about 15 minutes solving all of the words problems.. When I drove in from Illinois the next day, she greeted me by name before I introduced myself...and, again, once the business was finished, we spoke again for another 20 minutes about the town, restaurants, sights...and of course, more problem solving. I was thoroughly charmed before I even saw the room. The motel is vintage but very well kept, each room cared for with creative decor and personal touches. Any observant person can tell in an instant that Mary and her husband care deeply, not only for the building, but for the people staying there. When I entered room #16, I felt right at home. The room was very clean and nice with a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker...and the bed was supernaturally comfortable...It is the first time that I have ever slept comfortably in a motel room, in fact, I did not really wish to arise in the morning. At checkout, both Mike and Mary bid me farewell. I felt like I had known them for years. I plan to visit again if only to stay a night in the Sunflower Motel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank John H
Hiawatha, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

My fiance and I had to stay here for about a week a week and half, and I have to say this motel is amazing. The owners Mary and Mike, are extremely nice and caring, they made sure to make us feel right at home. Very clean and updated rooms, comfortable bed, cable tv, refrigerator, microwave, free wifi, and it's a very quiet and comfortable enviroment, and not to add very reasonable pricing. I would recommend this motel out of any of the hotel/motels in Hiawatha. :-)
Robert and Michale Simmons

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank RobertandKaleSimmons
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

The Sunflower Motel fit my family’s needs perfectly! The owner (Mary) was extremely accommodating, friendly and courteous. It’s an older motel, but has been remodeled and has all the comforts of home (including WiFi, flat screen TV, mini fridge, microwave, etc). Prices were very reasonable. Will definitely stay there again on my next overnight visit to Hiawatha.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Phil R
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I loved this hotel! Management went above and beyond normal call of duty to accommodate our group of 11. The hotel is very clean and has a wonderful family feel to it! The location was perfect. I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Linda E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hiawatha
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hiawatha Hotel
#2 of 2 in Sabetha
Super 8 Mound City
Super 8 Mound City
#2 of 2 in Mound City

Been to Sunflower Motel? Share your experiences!