“Great place to stay!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hesston
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Attended a family reunion and made reservations online. When we arrived I was impressed with the friendliness of the staff. Loved the freshly baked cookies at check in. Our room was very nice and comfortable, it was great that they had the air conditioner on because it was 100 degrees that day. The hotel is across the interstate from the main town so it is very quiet. Did not have the free breakfast since we had other plans. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
sgood12, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. It is always good to hear that guest are enjoying their stay with us. We always enjoy getting family groups in and try to provide a comfortable homey atmosphere. Thank you for choosing AmericInn.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times before. Always had a great stay. Love the friendly staff (most of them....there was 1 gal this time who was indifferent to us and seemed to be on the computer a lot......don't know if she was responsible for the fresh baked cookies and popcorn....but both were out....heard a guy ahead of us ask and she stated that there would be more shortly...we left an hour later and there still wasn't any). Always enjoy the clean rooms. My husband booked a handi-cap room accidently. It was nice....I did notice that the mirror in the bathroom was too high to see into if a person was in a wheel chair. The only other mirror was in the room with a tv in front of it, so it would be hard for a wheelchair bound person to see into it too. We will be back. It's close enough to Wichita without all the traffic.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
sgood12, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hesston AmericInn. We work hard to make our guests feel at home. We are always looking to improving our customer service and input from our guest is most valuable in making this happen. We look forward to your next stay in Hesston.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a wedding in August 2012. Chosen for the wedding party, location (for the wedding) and value were the main attractions I assume. Seemed nice and clean when entering but our first room reeked of smoke. Thankfully they shifted us to another room which was larger as well. Early in the morning we were woken by men loudly talking outside our window, but apparently they were other guests, contract workers that head off to work early. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your comments are valuable in helping us make improvements to our hotel. We do offer smoking rooms and I apologize if you were close to one of those and your room smelled like smoke. I am glad we were able to move you to a more suitable room. It is always our goal to make each stay the best possible for each guest. We hope to see you back at the AmericInn in Hesston.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed here 5 times now in the past 15 months, but this time things seem to be going down hill a bit. Check in was smooth and easy and Misty did an excellent job, but we had trouble with our keys and we were told that many guests had been having similar problems for several weeks now. Then we could not connect to the Internet. I asked that it be re-set and they did that, but we still could not connect until several hours later. Also the pool area and spa were excellent, but they had no lights in there at all. So the only lights were shining from the outside - otherwise very dark - and the last time I was there, there were several lights out - I inquired about this and was told that the owner is slow in fixing things - and it is beginning to show.

The room was nice with great flat screen tv and frig and microwave - also plenty of room in the bathroom and room was clean. The breakfast was also tasty, but had no forks when I went through and some of the other food items were either very low or completely depleted. Finally what looked like a maid came up and started bringing out food, and she also brought out the forks, turned them all up-side-down and neatly put them in the basket, but actually touching the eating surface of all the forks when she did that - I have no way of knowing if her hands were clean as this was the first thing she did when she came up from the hallway. I was glad I was using a spoon, but wondered if my spoon at been touched that way too - then she wiped her hands on her pants - and scratched or rubbed her face with her hands - that did it for me - I decided unless they can tell me that this food lady is going to doing things a bit better in the future, I probably won't stay here anymore - I might, but between the keys, and no lights in the pool and no wi-fi etc - it just is not nearly as good as it has been in the past -

Room Tip: ask for the freeway side - this is always quieter as they rent out to a lot of construction workers...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
sgood12, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry to hear about your disappointing stay. We strive to make each stay the best for each guest. The breakfast issues are something that has been addressed. It is not common for any of our housekeeping staff to do anything at the breakfast area and I am not sure why that happened. We do have a regular breakfast attendant that is usually in charge of all of those issues.
I apologize for the pool lights. We are in the process of getting them replaced with a new system. However, the ordering and installation takes time and has not yet been completed. This is a big process and we are working hard to get it complete.
I hope that you will give us another chance so you will get the opportunity to see that we are working hard to upgrade and make improvements so that all our guests can have an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I called the hotel after some issues at the other local hotel. The staff was very kind and helped me get everything arranged on the phone. I walked in late at night and felt safe. The night clerk had everything waiting and the whole check in process took less than 5 min. I was given the last available room - it was handicap accessible - it was very nice! The decor was clean and updated. It was quiet and the staff was great!! Continential Breakfast and coffee while I Enjoyed the free paper in the mornings. Breakfast area was very clean and organized. Felt comfortable leaving things in the room since I was staying one more night - over all a GREAT place to stay!! Will certainly be staying here again on future trips!! Thank you for your kindness and providing a clean, comfortable and safe place to stay!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Melissa M
sgood12, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are in the process of updating the property and it is always good to hear that someone had a good experience. We strive to make all of our guests feel at home and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel provided exactly what you expect from the AmericInn brand. The staff was friendly and appeared pleased to be of service. The hotel and amenities are sufficient but not extravagant by any means The rooms and common areas are clean and pleasant. The free breakfast is typical carbohydrate fare but the coffee and tea are available 24 hours. The location next to the highway is convenient but our room was on the other side of the hotel so was quiet. Free internet service!! Yay! The more expensive hotels seem to charge an average of @ $15 per day for their internet and I have never experienced such fast internet in a hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

we were involved in an accident that demolished our camper (we intended to stay at a campground during our time at Hesston) and found ourselves in need of a place to stay. The front desk staff was wonderful--- found us a room, worked at moving rooms/people to get a room for us for a 2nd night, and were so very friendly and helpful.

the room was wonderful-- great mattress, comfy pillows, clean and fresh.

Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Becky B

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!