“5th time here, other four were a lot better”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hesston
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed here 5 times now in the past 15 months, but this time things seem to be going down hill a bit. Check in was smooth and easy and Misty did an excellent job, but we had trouble with our keys and we were told that many guests had been having similar problems for several weeks now. Then we could not connect to the Internet. I asked that it be re-set and they did that, but we still could not connect until several hours later. Also the pool area and spa were excellent, but they had no lights in there at all. So the only lights were shining from the outside - otherwise very dark - and the last time I was there, there were several lights out - I inquired about this and was told that the owner is slow in fixing things - and it is beginning to show.

The room was nice with great flat screen tv and frig and microwave - also plenty of room in the bathroom and room was clean. The breakfast was also tasty, but had no forks when I went through and some of the other food items were either very low or completely depleted. Finally what looked like a maid came up and started bringing out food, and she also brought out the forks, turned them all up-side-down and neatly put them in the basket, but actually touching the eating surface of all the forks when she did that - I have no way of knowing if her hands were clean as this was the first thing she did when she came up from the hallway. I was glad I was using a spoon, but wondered if my spoon at been touched that way too - then she wiped her hands on her pants - and scratched or rubbed her face with her hands - that did it for me - I decided unless they can tell me that this food lady is going to doing things a bit better in the future, I probably won't stay here anymore - I might, but between the keys, and no lights in the pool and no wi-fi etc - it just is not nearly as good as it has been in the past -

Room Tip: ask for the freeway side - this is always quieter as they rent out to a lot of construction workers...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
sgood12, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry to hear about your disappointing stay. We strive to make each stay the best for each guest. The breakfast issues are something that has been addressed. It is not common for any of our housekeeping staff to do anything at the breakfast area and I am not sure why that happened. We do have a regular breakfast attendant that is usually in charge of all of those issues.
I apologize for the pool lights. We are in the process of getting them replaced with a new system. However, the ordering and installation takes time and has not yet been completed. This is a big process and we are working hard to get it complete.
I hope that you will give us another chance so you will get the opportunity to see that we are working hard to upgrade and make improvements so that all our guests can have an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I called the hotel after some issues at the other local hotel. The staff was very kind and helped me get everything arranged on the phone. I walked in late at night and felt safe. The night clerk had everything waiting and the whole check in process took less than 5 min. I was given the last available room - it was handicap accessible - it was very nice! The decor was clean and updated. It was quiet and the staff was great!! Continential Breakfast and coffee while I Enjoyed the free paper in the mornings. Breakfast area was very clean and organized. Felt comfortable leaving things in the room since I was staying one more night - over all a GREAT place to stay!! Will certainly be staying here again on future trips!! Thank you for your kindness and providing a clean, comfortable and safe place to stay!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Melissa M
sgood12, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are in the process of updating the property and it is always good to hear that someone had a good experience. We strive to make all of our guests feel at home and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel provided exactly what you expect from the AmericInn brand. The staff was friendly and appeared pleased to be of service. The hotel and amenities are sufficient but not extravagant by any means The rooms and common areas are clean and pleasant. The free breakfast is typical carbohydrate fare but the coffee and tea are available 24 hours. The location next to the highway is convenient but our room was on the other side of the hotel so was quiet. Free internet service!! Yay! The more expensive hotels seem to charge an average of @ $15 per day for their internet and I have never experienced such fast internet in a hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

we were involved in an accident that demolished our camper (we intended to stay at a campground during our time at Hesston) and found ourselves in need of a place to stay. The front desk staff was wonderful--- found us a room, worked at moving rooms/people to get a room for us for a 2nd night, and were so very friendly and helpful.

the room was wonderful-- great mattress, comfy pillows, clean and fresh.

Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Becky B
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The management and staff made sure you had the comforts of home. Everyday when i came in from a hard days work my room was always clean and smelled so fresh. The pool and hot tub is very clean and relaxing.The one thing that really stays with me is the way management and staff go out of their way to so you how much they care. For instance :The breakfast has a wide varity of great food (hot or cold).The breakfast hours are from 6 am to 10 am.My co-workers and i leave for work at 5 am,the staff made sure we had a nice breakfast every morning. They did not have to do that.I had 5 stays 3 weeks at a time and i feel as if i have a new family.Thank you so much for everything Americinn-Hesston,Kansas

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I came in for business and I had to stay the weekend. Plenty to do casino, antique shops, and shopping in newton, and Mcpherson but Sunday are not much open. This AmericInn is outstanding and the staff were courteous and efficient and the rooms clean and comfortable. Free Popcorn in the evening and that was nice. The bedding could be better. Breakfast is included with enough options and was variety throught out the week and weekend. Right off the highway and easy access. Front desk was very helpful with restuarant ideas and knowledge of the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mlickne1
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel now three times in the past six months and will return again later this fall. The night staff is excellent upon check in - and even though the back side of the hotel faces the highway, I have found it to be more quiet than the parking lot side - as people come and go late in the evening, especially those who have extended stays.

The food for breakfast is great and the wi-fi works fine in the rooms, plus the decor is nice and the rooms always clean - I would recommend this hotel to everyone- just be sure not to get a room on the parkinglot side of the hotel. My only other complaint is that they run out of evening welcoming cookies early and don't replenish them. The manager goes out of her way to make things right for you - they seem to care which is a nice compliment as many hotels seem to lack that quality - Enjoy your Stay!.

Room Tip: highway side is actually quieter than the parkinglot side
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hesston
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newton
Days Inn McPherson
Days Inn McPherson
#5 of 8 in McPherson

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!