“Great Experience and Employee”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Herington
Herington Inn And Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Herington
Pittsburg, Kansas
“Great Experience and Employee”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We recently had a great experience at the Herington Inn and Suites. The young lady that worked at the desk, Larissa was possible the most welcoming and pleasant hostesses I have had at any hotel I have stayed at, and I have stayed a quiet a few. Anything they lack in facility they more than make up for in hospitality.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Liberty Hill, Texas
Reviewed December 11, 2013

A friend and I spent 4 nights at this wonderful place just recently. The room was immaculate, clean, and spacious. The continental breakfast was yummy, my favorite - Biscuits and Sausage Gravy !!! Always a cup of hot coffee ready all day after a cold hunt. We had trouble with our room key but they were super prompt in correcting the problem. We even hung out in the dining in the evenings in front of the fireplace and the big screen TV to watch football. The people from Kansas are some of the nicest people you will meet! Family run business. Love the small town feel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a wonderful gem off the beaten path in Kansas. Exceptionally clean and large room, with a very comfortable bed. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly. I have no idea why there are some negative reviews, but my husband and I would stay there again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Warning- Do not stay at this hotel. Highly recommended to stay in Junction City or Hillsboro unless you absolutely have to. The staff there are very rude and unfriendly. I have stayed here for work for atleast a month and they never were happy. They regulate on how cool you can keep your room during the summer, cant use the ice machine to fill up water jugs, there is no one available after 10 pm and the rooms are not in the least bit accomodating. Also if you are using CLC and you have a loved one staying with you for the weekend because you are on the road all the time be prepared to pay for another room for them to stay because they do not want them staying in your room. This is the first hotel ive had this problem with. I suppose its another way of making money for them. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I live on the road.

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank kraut49
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family stayed here on a quick road trip to see family in this area. The motel is nice, clean and the front desk person was polite. Our room had comfortable beds. The bathroom floor was dirty, but the rest of the room was fine. It was quiet. It had a nice breakfast with waffles, cereal, bagels, and biscuits and gravy. The coffee was good. One thing I didn't like was their pet policy. $50 non refundable deposit and the dog has to be in a carrier the whole time. Obviously because of the extra cost we did not bring our pets who love to travel with us. Overall, we had a nice stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Winfield, Kansas, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel. We got into our room very late, and there was no one on duty at the front desk. When we pulled back the bed spread, we found bugs on the pillow case and sheets. Tried to call the front desk to complain, but no one answered. Next day complained to the owner, and she was rude, and unwilling to make any sort of effort to make things right. She wanted us to show her the bugs from the night before.

This is a small town operation, and the only hotel around through this part of Kansas. Be careful they are not pet friendly, though they claim to be. Cost $50 for the pet, cost $72 for my family.

Stay away from this hotel unless you are desperate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kristina M
auntieb60s, Manager at Herington Inn And Suites, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
It seems that most of our complaints come from pet owners who are upset about having to pay a pet fee. I was present that morning, and the room was thoroughly checked after the guests left. No bugs were found. Our property is serviced by an exterminator an a regular basis, and a full report from that exterminator is received stating any problems found. We have a clean record. The guests were expecting to get a cheaper room (which they expressed that they didn't like our rates when making the reservation). I am sorry that they did not get what they felt they should, but we have many other regular guests that are aware of the excellent reputation our property has, and they return year after year.
Seward, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

owner terrible customer service, they know they can be this way because its the only hotel there. shame on you.. was rude and unaccomidating, price is to high for this place, did not like this hotel, at all. I guantee you if this was in a larger city they would not be in business,,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Robin P

Been to Herington Inn And Suites? Share your experiences!