“Bugs?”
Review of Super 8 Hays KS

Super 8 Hays KS
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Hays
Reviewed October 31, 2010

My cousin from Germany was traveling with us. The next morning she had an insect bite on her leg and one on her thigh. Very disappointing as we've stayed at other motel 8's before and had never had this problem.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Super 8 Hays KS, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort that we caused.

Thank you for letting us know of your concerns. I would like to ensure you that we have taken action and our pest control has been to the property to inspect and treat any concerns that arose.

It is our goal to ensure all of our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied. We do hope you will come and visit us again to experience our improved cleanliness and pest control.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you and your family again the next time your travels bring you to the Hays area.

Reviewed September 14, 2010

After checking in and promptly checking back out of Motel 6 in Hays due to bugs in the bed, we moved to Super 8 up the street. The bed was clean, but the bathroom/tub was filthy. I've never seen a tub bottom so black! Skipped a shower due to the grungy tub!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MollyKansasCityarea
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Super 8 Hays KS, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2010

I am so sorry your room came with a less than perfect tub, we are in the process of getting them refinished. We just completed 10 of them in the last two months. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is not only to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations. Thank you for you comments posted here. It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Room was OK, but I've stayed in nicer Super 8 Motels. I don't think the A/C ever cooled off the room - our room faced west, and the temperature outside was in the upper 90's. Request a room on the east side if you're thinking of staying during the summer months. Staff very friendly. Not sure if I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank buckeyegirl61
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Super 8 Hays KS, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2010

Thank you for posting this review regarding our hotel. It was an extremely hot summer here in Kansas and our air conditioners did have a hard time keeping up. Some just gave up the fight and we had to replace them with new ones. I appreciate the feedback. We continue to improve our property on a daily basis. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of the guests we serve but exceed them. Thank you and I hope that you will stay with us again next time.

Reviewed July 24, 2010

We were a little disappointed that the only doubles they had left were smoking but for one night it was fine. The room is an average room yet clean and for the price it is a decent value.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LongTimeComing1974

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I am sorry about the smoking room, sometimes it works out that way even though we have converted many of our smoking rooms to non. We continue to focus on making each and every guet experience the best that it can be. Now that you know where we are you can reserve a non-smoking room for the next time you are in the area. Again thank you!

Reviewed March 30, 2010

My husband and 16 year old son stayed here on our way to Utah. The front desk ladies (both evening and morning shifts) are very friendly and greeted us with a smile :) Our room was on the lower floor on the front of the hotel. Given that the hotel fronts the highway I was concerned about noise but with the gentle white noise of the A/C I didn't hear a thing all night. The rooms are very nice with a refrigerator and microwave included. Breakfast was delicious with all the usuals, fruit, pastries, breads, juice, coffee, waffle maker and yogurt. The only complaint I had about this hotel was that the beds are the single layer, clearly discount mattresses that didn't sleep too well. Further, the room with 2 beds only had doubles rather than queens. OK for one night, my husband and I usually sleep on a king bed and the double was tight quarters, lol. The only other issue we had was that it was LOUD when people were walking above us. It was clear that they were not stomping or otherwise attempting to make the noise, the floors are just creaky and noisy. This is ok unless you had just driven 13 hours and were looking forward to a good night's sleep. It would probably be ok if you got a top floor room. Our upstairs neighbor's children also thought it would be swell to jump off the bed onto the (already creaky) floor at 7AM, though the hotel could not have controlled that, obviously (just ignorant parents). All in all this is a great location and if you get a top floor room you'll really enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for this very nice review. I appreciate it. I'm sorry that some of the other guests were not as quiet as they should have been but it happens especially when they have children. They were probably in the car all day and excited about staying in their home away from home. I hope that you enjoyed your trip across the US and if you are ever in our area again you will stay with us again. We enjoy seeing guests year afer year as they take a summer vacation or the annual winter ski trip. I appreciate the kind remarks about my staff they are "super" and committed to makeing each guest's experience the best that it can be.

Reviewed January 21, 2010

Stayed here over X-Mas while seeing family. The staff was great and the "cont brkfst" was nice too. . overall, just a nice place to stay. This poor 'ol girl is just starting to show her age. Lots of creaks and groans as people make their way down the halls and stairs. Walls were a little "thin" but not bad.
If you're looking for a stop while on the road, I'd send ya here. We we're happy with our stay and if faced with the same circumstances, we'd prob stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
CarolMakoui, Manager at Super 8 Hays KS, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2010

Thank you for recommending our motel. The Super 8 in Hays has been serving the I-70 travelers for more than 20 years. We strive to continually upgrade our hotel to ensure that our guests have the amenities they need. In fac, we have added a breakfast room, guest laundry in-room cofee makers and hair dryers.

I appreciate your kind words about my staff. We are “clean and friendly” and a really great value! ! Some things do get better with age!

Reviewed October 19, 2009

Would highly recommend. We stayed in Room 123, extremely clean (housekeeper was Lori). A+ king mattress so we slept like a baby - very quiet - nice extras such as microwave-refrigerator-safe in room - great a/c - WIFI - cable - free buffet breakfast was beyond expectations - mints on pillow - extra towels - hairdryer - recliner was great for watching tv - coffee maker in room. Watch for extra charge on your receipt for use of the in-room safe--they will remove the charge. We didn't notice it was added until we had left.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Super 8 Hays KS, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2009

Thank you for leaving a comment in regards to your recent stay at our Super 8. We strive daily to provide a clean and friendly environment for our guests while away from the comfort of their home.

We look forward to your next visit to our Super 8. Once again, thank you for posting a review and comment on your stay with us and to let other travelers know of your experience at our Super 8.