“My super 8 overnight.”

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Reviewed August 20, 2013

1  Thank HELEN L
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I made my reservation a week in advance with no issue. I asked for an early check in and a late check out. I was assured both.

When I checked in at 1:30pm, the front desk clerk was polite, cheerful, helpful, and delightfully chatty. She said a late checkout would not be a problem and told me about the free continental breakfast and said if I needed anything to ask.

My room on the 3rd floor (no elevator, so I got my exercise!) was spotless and the ac was running quietly. I had an hour before I needed to go to work, so I fixed a cup of coffee. I quickly realized I would need more for the morning, and the front desk clerk gave me plenty! The in room coffee maker brewed one small cup at a time, but gave me excellent coffee (not Starbucks brand, but then again, I don't like Starbucks anyway) and I've ran through all the desk clerk gave me.

I returned to the hotel after midnight and it was quiet. No blaring TVs, no kids running up and down the hallway, no wild parties. I slept until 10am, undisturbed. The shower was hot and had multiple settings so I was able to have the closest shower to "home" I've ever had in a hotel (better even, than a few 4 star hotels!).

It may not be rated 5 stars, but it is by far the best Super 8 I've stayed in, ever. If I have a need in the future to stay in Hays, Kansas, my first choice will be this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013