“No sleep”
Review of Super 8 Hays KS

Super 8 Hays KS
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Hays
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The a/c made a horrible noise when it first started up but quieted down in a few minutes so we thought it was going to be okay. Wrong! When we got settled and in bed to sleep the a/c again made the grinding noise. We called the front desk and were informed that there were no other rooms on the first floor. So tough luck. The off and on grinding continued all night so we got no sleep. We turned it off but then the room got stuffy and there was no way to open the window.
The only handicap enterance lock wouldn't work so someone had to walk around the building to open it from the inside. There was no way to keep it open while unloading the car.
When we tried to talk to the front desk about out problems they made excused but did nothing to help or correct the problem.
In short it was a miserable stay. I will never return to that hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dan A
HaysManager, General Manager at Super 8 Hays KS, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

I am sorry that the air conditioner was noisy in the room you stayed. We try to keep up on the maintenance but sometimes the 100+ temperatures get the best of them. I wish we had been able to move you to another room, but that is not possible when they are occupied. The outside door lock was being difficult for a few days there but when we had it looked at it worked fine. Maybe the heat was getting to it also. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at the Super 8 in Hays, KS for 9 nights. The price was good but the room did not have a refrigerator!!! I was working a project with the state that required me to take my lunch with me. Since I had no refrigerator I had to go to Wal-Mart and buy a cooler and fill it with ice twice a day to keep things cold. What they did provide was a safe that they were going to charge me $1.50 per day for unless I declared I didn't use it at check-out. If I hadn't seen the small sign at the front desk that would have happened. Also they had HBO guides in the room but did not get HBO. Really? I had no complaints with the staff or housekeeping as they were great. Next time I will stay at the motel down the road that costs the same with a refrigerator in the room.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Our baseball team has stayed here for weekend games the past 5 years and has met our basic needs just fine. Close to shopping, restaurants, gas, and its right off the interstate. Staff is helpful and have treated us well. Comfortable clean room to sleep, watch tv, or rest in before heading to the ballpark.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Called in reservation from the middle of nowhere, CO and arrived very late to Hays to find the hotel right off the interstate followed by a very simple check in from kind, friendly, helpful staff, and a very comfortable bed in a smoking room(per request). Breakfast was good and checkout was easy. Will be back if I need to stay in Hays again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Was so excited to see how clean and tidy this place was. The room was immaculate and everything you'd need for a quick stopover. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. Hard to beat the value anywhere! Breakfast of cereal, juices, yogurt, or pastry was standard fare but well maintained and tasty (the Belgian waffle especially). Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family