“November stay at Days Inn”
Review of Days Inn Hays

Days Inn Hays
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hays
Reviewed November 12, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInn05290, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hays, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Hays

Reviewed November 12, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 27, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I travel all over the country with my business and I do business in Hays twice a year. Twice I have stayed there and both times I have never been treated so rudely in my life. The last time I went there, the manager told me she would not honor our price agreement. When I told her I was upset, she looked me straight in the eye, and said well you don't have to stay here, there are plenty of hotels in town. I said you know what ":you are right " and I have never stayed there since.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

We are very sorry to hear your stay was unsatisfactory. We have never had any complaints about our management until now and would like to extend our deepest apologies to you for what you had to endure. Recently we have undergone many changes with our staff and would like to ask you to reconsider and try staying with us one more time. We strive to keep all customers satisfied and feel welcome at our hotel. With this we would like to thank you for your feedback as it is very important to us to maintain our values and we hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInn05290, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Hays, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Out dated accommodations. The staff was very blah. And that quite simply put is the only way to put it. Upon check in and venturing up to my room it was an immediate about face and a check out. To put it plainly; sleeping in my car would have been more comfortable than spending one minute on those terrible mattresses. For the $$$ there is something better for the equivalent. If modern amenities is your thing then this is not for you. 70's and out dated. Pass

• Stayed: October 2013

We are sorry to hear you did not find your stay to be satisfactory. Within the last few months we have undergone many changes in hoping to build a stronger, friendlier, staff. Also, we would like to let you know we are currently updating our rooms and undergoing renovations. We take pride in listening to our customers' feedback and strive to make everyone's stay as pleasant as possible. We would like to thank you for writing a review and we hope that with this information you would be willing to try our hotel again sometime in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stopping here on the beginning of a 15 days road trip, and I was glad I did. I did have to wait a few minutes to check in, as there was no one at the front desk. The lobby is small as its 1/2 breakfast area. Once I got checked in, the rest was quick and painless. About what you would expect for the price. The only thing was they charged me $1.50 for "Requested safe" or some nonsense. Its only $1.50, but still wierd charging for something a person didn't ask for.
There is a pool area, that could use some updating, and the pool felt warm, and inviting, but just didn't have time
Breakfast was complimentary with all the usual suspects...bread/muffins/rolls/Coffee/OJ/apple juice, even biscuits & gravy. It was good as well as hot. They gave me great directions to my church in the morning. perfect stay by all accounts

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. All front desk staff members have been reminded that someone must be behind the counter at all times to help the needs of any guests that come through the doors. Upon arrival we have guests sign a registration card that states there will be a safe fee added on at checkout, it also says it may be removed upon request. We are sorry you did not see this at the time of your check in. We are glad you were able to utilize our breakfast that not only includes the usual of toast, milk, orange juice, cereal, and bagels but also biscuits and gravy, along with hot cereal. We value all feedback from our guests and look forward to your next visit.