“Stay at Days Inn”

Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed September 7, 2012

It was late and we were traveling from Missouri to Colorado. We received a room by the pool area, alot of young men hanging around outside the doors and smoking. The room had a urine smell, was outdated and felt dirty.

We were quoted a price, and then when I checked their website, the price was less and I requested the lower price. They said they wouldn't price match other sites (I told them again it was the daysinn.com site), they adjusted the price.

The lobby was nice and the breakfast area clean.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
DaysInn05290, Manager at Days Inn Hays, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at Days Inn. We view all guest comments and use them to improve our property. It is typically our policy to match rates, for the same type of room, from daysinn.com and I have reconfirmed this to our front desk staff. Our courtyard area and pool tend to attract guests who enjoy the outdoors in the evening. If it is very late and guests are disturbed by noise, a call to the desk will receive a prompt response to the issue. In this venue we cannot respond directly to a guest about an unpleasant experience they had. Should a guest let us know of their dissatisfaction, we will endeavor to compensate for their inconvenience. We do not force anyone to stay at our hotel as we want all of our guests to be happy with their stay. Please call me directly with any concerns. 785-628-8261

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have a compulsion to spend as little as possible on this drive, but I want the basics. Days Inn delivers: clean room, good bedding, TV and AC that works well. It was quiet, and free breakfast included a couple of hot items. There was a service person to make sure orange juice, etc was always available. We will stay here again passing through to another city!

Room Tip: Make sure you indicate if you need a main floor room, or if upstairs is OK.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The rooms here are pretty thin walled and my nieghbor woke me up at 4:30 a.m. and the Desk Clerk did not seem to care. In addition they allow smoking right in front of the door to the office and breakfast area. I avoided the breakfast and the orange juice was watered. I have stayed in Hays many times and for value this is the best of several evils. Some may look better, but that does not mean they are. The beds are just OK, not the best or the worse. Wyndham is slowly trying to improve their properties, but they still have a way to go. When staying here avoid the front of the motel rooms. My ratring for this motel would have been a 3 if not for the smoking in front of the door to the front desk issue.

Room Tip: Avod rooms near front desk area
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a bed on your way to Colorado. Unfortunately the bed along with everything about the room is not great. The synthetic sheet was so thin it felt like i was sleeping directly on the mattress. I don't even want to think more about the polyester comforter. Basically I was grossed out and couldn't sleep all night. Id suggest paying a bit more for something much better.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was a very good choice for a motel for the easy access from the interstate. There are also several
nice eating places near by the motel. We found front desk staff very friendly and accomodating. Our room
was very clean and beds were comfortable. They also have a pool at the motel for those who enjoy a
good dip after a long triip. I would reccomend this motel if ever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

don't let the on site pictures fool you. Room is dated, towels shredding, high cleaning chemical smell in room. Staff at check-in were rude. Too many choices in this town & many of the other hotels look nicer and price is close to this place. They need to either up-date the hotel or drop prices. Staff needs to be trained on good customer service.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family