“Loved the stay”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Hays
Menomonie, Wisconsin, United States
“Loved the stay”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

June, 17th 2012 was the night of our stay at this hotel. I stay in many hotels with my work, and I am grateful to come to a place which takes pride in their place. VERY clean, great staff, and you can tell by the appearance of the landscaping, and exterior they are proud of their hotel. Pet friendly is always my concern, and they gave my cats a treat bag. You won me over. It has easy access to many places to eat, a mall and an all around cute hotel. The pool is very nice, clean and well maintained. If I had to stay here for a long period of time, this is where I would stay. My room had pleanty of counter space, which I like. My co-workers made the statement, wow, the Days Inn are getting nicer, as we stayed in one in IN and was not impressed but very tired and didn't care. I spoke with the manager, who clearly was in charge of walking the grounds with the maintenance dept going over items to be taken care of. She is a huge asset to this business and keeps an older building running which takes alot of work. I would highly recommend this hotel for your stay. Thanks Lisa stayed in room 109

Room Tip: My corner room was close to the parking lot, ground floor, pool view, very nice and quiet, even next...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Monument, Colorado
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This isn't a fancy hotel, it's somewhat outdated in decor and furnishings, but it was convenient to I-70, they got us squared away quickly, it was clean and was a perfectly acceptable place for an overnight stay after a 350 mile drive after a full day of work from Colorado. The breakfast buffet was fine, but 9:30 close out means 9:30 and no later. Did see several travelers with pets and they looked happy. It is no frills, but sometimes that is absolutely fine.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank YoYoMotown
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed February 2, 2012

...probably could have saved some $$$ and gotten the same thing at Super 8 or Motel 6. We were walking up to our room and noticed that most of the room doors were beaten up, like someone pounded fists into them. One of the rooms had three cases of beer sitting outside the door with a hibatchi grill. That was special.

We probably should have found somewhere else to stay, but our time was extremely limited. The staff was friendly enough. The room was less than I had expected, and I wasn't expecting the Marriott. The 2 queen beds were really 2 double beds, although they were comfortable. The bathroom was iffy...the rubber mat in the bottom of the tub was grody, and under that was just as bad. The wallpaper in the bathroom was bubbling and peeling.

It does look like they're remodeling some of the rooms, but I don't know that I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Hays hotels

Williamstown
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Pros: easy-on, easy-off I-70; complimentary breakfast with good variety, clean and well-appointed guest rooms, friendly and accommodating staff, breakfast area was very clean and constantly food items refilled.

Cons: Mattress was a little soft but that's a personal preference.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the first floor with outdoor access for ease of loading and unloading our lug...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Ponca City, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Front desk was fantastic, room was cleanish (but for the rug--holy cow: cigarette stink, too much air 'freshener,' serious urine smell behind dresser), breakfast was great in sunny lobby with WONDERFUL hostess. Daily newspaper and nice little park in back. Close to restaurants and great info stash. Loved the staff, hated the carpet.

Room Tip: check the room before you carry your bags in--room 111 stank of urine, and we were too exhausted to...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
colorado springs
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This is our 10th year of coming to Hays, Kansas and stayed here every time
because of the excellent staff and overall experience. Private entrance, Outdoor pool
and good sized roomes make it a perfect stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I was able to get a great rate by booking a month advanced for 2 rooms. By booking in advance, I had figured that the rooms would be right next to each other. Boy, was I wrong, they were in separate buildings and at the ends of staircase - where you can hear everyone coming up and down the stairs. Glad I didn't have too young of children with me. The folks in front of me were able to get a room (no reservation made) and receive their rooms side by side. Made complaint - nothing accomplished. I had called the front desk after making the trip home (3 days in a row) and no answer.

Went to our rooms to find:
Room 1 - one smelled of smoke (non smoking room), cream colored towels (obviously need to update towels so that they are white), small gap in between door jam and door, curtains didn't close all the way.
Room 2 - Room was hot and humid with only adjustment for air was a thermostat that didn't seem to work properly, no trashcan in the room (had to go to front desk for one), people were running up and down the outside hallway screaming and fighting @ 2AM, curtains didn't close all the way in this room as well.
Lobby - Eating area is too small, spiral staircase is in the way and this area should be moved. Too many Danishes and couldn't find any fruit available. Larger cups would be nice as well.
Disappointed? YES!
Stay there again? Yes, unless a better rate is provided by another hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family