“Where the old Dillon's was....”

Gutch's Bar & Grill
Ranked #19 of 90 Restaurants in Hays
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Newport News, Virginia
“Where the old Dillon's was....”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

This is the frist place I have eaten in Hays and lack a comparison to local fair. My waitress was wonderful, fast, friendly, and on the ball; in short Morgan was great. The food was good. The fried mushrooms were tasty done to perfection. The Cesar salad was poor at best, the lettuce was sour, brown, and discolored. The pizzas were good a nice thin crust that is crispy. Topping were fresh and the correct amount were on the pie.

However if you are thinking it no place like home you are correct. Realky just a nice good pizza place. Not as outstanding as other ratings make it seem.

Hays, Kansas
“Good food and good service!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I dined at Gutch;s this weekend and the food was very good. What is important to me is service and I must say the service was good as well. Good place for casual dining.

• Visited November 2012
Saint Francis, Kansas
“Not Impressed..”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We've heard pretty good things about this resturant so we decided to try it, and we were greatly disappointed. The service was pretty poor, we were the only table she had and all of us were out of water for most of the night, and she was nowhere to be found. When we did finally get our food it was so salty that we wondered if someone accidently dropped the salt bottle in it. When the waitress did finally appear again she started to clear the table before we were finished. Overall we're not sure if we'll be giving this place a second chance.

• Visited August 2012
the West
“Good food, good service, a place you can relax and visit with friends over a good meal”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have never eaten bad food at Gutch's, and I have always received good service. I love their wood fired pizzas and their burgers. Be on the lookout for their specials because those are delicious as well. Prices are reasonable. This is a welcoming eatery to meet friends for a good meal and a visit.

• Visited June 2012
Lawson, Missouri, United States
“great pizza”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I had the margarita pizza and it was wonderful. All the food at the table looked and tasted great.

Visited June 2012