“Perfect home town soda shop”
Review of Soda Shoppe Cafe

Soda Shoppe Cafe
Ranked #21 of 92 Restaurants in Hays
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The soda shoppe is easily my favorite lunch time stop. The food is great, more than filling, and freshly made. Best of all the staff is wonderful. They are personal and genuinely care about the customers. Best lunchs in Hays.

1  Thank aawondra
There are newer reviews for Soda Shoppe Cafe

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The people were nice as can be and the food came quickly and freshly made! I had the turkey club served on a spinach wrap and they grilled it panini style! My dad had the salad bar and loved the cheeseburger soup and the dessert of the day (it was a mandarin orange version of a banana pudding with fudge swirled wafers...light and delicious!) They have an old school coke fountain and the awesome chewy ice! The restaurant/town is 3 miles off the highway which isn't much further than the fast food places so we stopped here instead and boy are we glad we did! Seemed to be a local hotspot too, I would definitely stop here if you're pulling a long road trip like us and in need of a sit down lunch!

1  Thank Katiehiggie13
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Worst service of any restaurant I have ever been too. Extremely slow service when no where near busy. Lazy and rude wait staff; one boy sitting in a booth talking to customers instead of doing his job, and the waitress very snappy and bitter. When trying to give input to the owner, he merely laughed in our faces. The food was the only good quality of this restaurant.

3  Thank Candace S
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is the best sandwich place! In my opinion, they have the best reuben sandwich that I have had anywhere. Their old fashion soda fountain is good also. The service is a little slow at time but the wait staff is very friendly.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

They need a sign directing customers to the entrance--two storefronts down on the corner. (You enter thru the office supply store and walk thru an antique store to get to the cafe.) Once we found the entrance we visited the Em 'n Me antique store before eating.

They have a very nice (& large) salad bar as well as a specialty sandwich menu with daily specials. I had the salad bar and my wife had the daily special: Grilled Turkey & Swiss (sub w/Provolone). The food was very good. The service was friendly, but once we got our food, they disappeared. I had to go to the counter to ask for ketchup.

Been to Soda Shoppe Cafe? Share your experiences!