“Good food but confusing about drinks/appetiziers”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #14 of 91 Restaurants in Hays
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Lenexa, KS
“Good food but confusing about drinks/appetiziers”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We ate here on a Saturday night. We called first from our hotel room about the 1/2 price appetizers and drink specials. The woman that answered the phone stated that happy hour was still going for about another hour. We drove over within 10 minutes and got seated. We told our waiter that we were interested in the drink specials. Really nothing going on but some specials on beer. I asked about the price of a Margarita as they don't print the drink prices on the menu. Why is that??? Our waiter wasn't sure and came back two times about the price. I decided on another drink and he wasn't sure about that price either. OK, so the drink was good and I think was $6.95 so I was fine with that. Now, we start ordering our 1/2 appetizers only to be told that the happy hour is not for our time frame. Only those hrs on Monday through Friday. We told him that whoever answered the phone told us that happy hour was going. Well, another goof up. We decided to still order appetizers though there was no deal on them. I will say, the food was very good and we would go again but people that work there need to be better informed about happy hour and drink prices.

• Visited March 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Average food/cranky bartender.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Applebees is usually a safe bet when I'm traveling and I like that I can get food to go easily. I decided to try the ribs for the first time. Sat at the bar to order and was waited upon by one cranky bartender. Found the ribs to be chewy and mediocre, with unremarkable fries. They will not be on my list to order in the future.

• Visited October 2013
Russell, Kansas
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My BFF and I had a girls day shopping. We usually enjoy eating at Applebee's. Our food arrived quickly and was delicious. The waitress was very pleasant and offered refills and appetizer and dessert options. The mac n' cheese with honey smoked chicken strips was outstanding.

• Visited October 2013
“Family”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We go to the restaurant after football games and it is packed, because only place open and 1/2 price appetizers. We have always had to wait a little bit to be seated but good food and good service. Of course it takes a little bit with the restaurant packed after every game. The prices are Awesome!

• Visited September 2013
Russell, Kansas
“Too bad......very good food, but disappointing service”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

There were 6 total in our party. My husband had to wait for his steak. All of the other 5 entrees were brought out and very tasty. When they finally brought out the 6th entrée, the steak wasn't cooked correctly. The Mgr. did come out and apologize and stated that he had been given the wrong steak, then promised that it would be out shortly. The rest of us were almost finished by the time his steak came out. We had to wait on him to eat since his meal was soooo late!! We would have thought that a discount for such poor service would have been appropriate!! I guess we should have been rude and made a scene to be treated correctly.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!