“Excellent Hotel, hard working staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70

Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hays
East TN
“Excellent Hotel, hard working staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

Large rooms, clean and quiet. Clean breakfast area. In a nice town to stop and visit.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alvis-f

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

Our original reservation was for the Best Western Butterfield Inn. We got a call on the road a few days before that the hotel had been struck by lightning during a storm and that we may not have electricity in our room and no elevator.

We made a reservation at the Hampton Inn next door and we had an excellent stay.
Rooms clean, great breakfast.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank M200789
kansas city
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

Immaculate rooms, like brand new, staff was very helpful, nice swimming pool and spa, would definetely stay again! Loved it!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank ronbon13
southern, mn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

We always like to stay at Hampton when traveling. We were visiting family and decided to try the Hampton. It was great - everything was great....BUT>......120.00??? for Hays, Ks?????? we continued our vacation on to Albuquerque, NM and stayed at a great Hampton for 79.00. So would we stay at the Hampton in Hays again? definitely.....but there is no reason their prices can't be more competitive particularly with 3 other newer hotels just a stone's throw away.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mayberry1
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2009

We always find Hampton Inns to be great places to stay for a night or two. The Hays Hampton Inn did not disappoint. We had a large king-size room with a large walk-in shower which suited us fine. The room was very clean with good amenities.

The breakfast area was nice and the food good -- always like to have at least one hot choice -- but the eggs were a bit rubbery. We will definitely stay here again when we are in Hays for a Fort Hays University ballgame.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
2 Thank KansasHummingbird
Fremont, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2008

I always start with this: would I stay there again? There are 4 hotels right next to each other here, I've stayed at them all and they are all just fine, so I'd stay here again if it had the best price. The new Best Western next to it is probably a little nicer with similar features, the other two I think offer not quite as many features but are perfectly fine.

What I liked about the Hampton: large bathroom & shower, nice showerhead, very nice room overall. We stayed here because my wife wanted to use the exercise room, but then hurt her back so we didn't get a chance. We met people at the IHOP that shares the parking lot, which I considered a plus, but it means I can't comment on the complementary breakfast.

What I didn't like: all minor nit-picking things. The pillows were a bit overstuffed and firm for my tastes. Cheap sand-paper like toilet paper (why do even nice hotels do this???). Water so soft I never felt like I could get the soap off (some people might consider the overly soft water a plus). No vent in the bathroom so the room could get a bit stuffy. It was amazing dry in the room, I even saw sparks from the toilet paper! The internet was quite slow, and I was frequently bumped back to the hotel web page to type in the access code. In fact the morning we left the wired internet did not work at all, I never got past that page, and had to use the wireless instead. Finally, I hate to bring this up but there was a funky smell in all the hallways, although inside the room it was fine.

Overall it was a nice hotel, and as I say I'd stay there again if they had the best price.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank M421
denver, colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2008

everything was great!!! very clean rooms, comfort beds, friendly servise, everything was clean!!! congrats!!! to housekeeping servise!!

2 Thank lacoks