“Happy to be in Hays!”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hays
Winter Garden, FL
“Happy to be in Hays!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived on 28 June 2013 after a long drive from St. Louis. This is a very nice hotel just North of I-70. The staff placed us in Room 124 which was perfect: first floor within striking distance of the breakfast area, per our request. The room was exceptional, based on a new design we've seen from time to time, with plenty of furniture for sitting or for suitcases, and with a bathroom placing the toilet in its own area facing the shower as opposed to facing the door as is the norm. Well done! Total for stay: $122.36.

***TRAVEL ALERT*** reference a "high priced" gas station adjacent to the road leading to this Hampton Inn and the other hotels nearby. This gas station (GOTTSCHALK ENT on the receipt) charged $4.399/gallon of Premium gas. South of I-70 (1/2 mile away) a name brand station (I C 66 on the receipt) charged $3.559/gallon of Premium gas, a difference of $0.84/gallon. Result: I was GOUGED $7.64 for the $40.00/9.093 gallons I bought just before I arrived at the hotel. The price was suspect, so I filled the remainder of the tank up the next day at the name brand station ( I C 66).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hannah A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to post a review about your recent stay with us! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I'm very happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and were met with friendly service and found a clean,comfortable, spacious room waiting for you. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the layout of the room and the location!

Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn and we look forward to you staying again soon.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Louisburg, Kansas
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great beds and very clean. I got there late and the staff was very helpful. The pool was a nice way to get the blood moving in the am (7) before a wonderful full breakfast...IHOP is next door if free doesn't work for you. The bathroom was well stocked with towels and very clean...sheets and beds were very clean as well. I did not get an opportunity to use the wifi but hooking up my phone did not seem to work...if you have Sprint, you are roaming in Hays. My phone quickly went dead. And, yes I forgot my house charger.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm very happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and were met with friendly service and found a clean and comfortable room waiting for you. I am also glad to hear that you were able to make use of our pool and enjoyed the variety we offer at breakfast! Unfortunately, Sprint has changed their towers and our location is now roaming for Sprint users. I am sorry we didn't have any extra chargers for you to use for the night.

Belton, Missouri
Reviewed October 2, 2013

When traveling from KC to Colorado this is a perfect place to stop. The place is clean and well kept. They have nachos and cookies in the evening. The young ladies that have checked us in have always been friendly and outgoing the young man that checked us in on our way back from Colorado was a bit distant and uninterested in our questions. When we asked if there was a chair in the room other than the desk chair he said no. There were no other rooms to move to so we said we would just take turns in the chair, but as it turned out there was a very nice chair in the room. I think he needs to get a lesson in what the hotel has to offer. When we came back down and told him his answer was "Hmm".

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

I am happy to hear that you were welcomed with a clean and comfortable room and enjoyed our property. I am glad that you got to enjoy our evening snacks that we offer through the week! I am, however, sorry to hear that our staff on your way back was not as friendly as the other staff you encounter on your stays. I will make sure that our staff is aware of the amenities that we offer and make sure they are friendly and responsive to any and all questions or issues guests may have.

Marquette, Kansas
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Could not get the fan to stay on when using the thermostat. The fan went off and on all night. Couldn't sleep. The manager on duty the next morning didn't seem to care that I had a bad night sleep. I have stayed at this hotel two times before for a week at a time and never had an issue. These employee seemed to busy to be friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am sorry to hear that you had issues with you fan and temperature in your room. There is a setting that can be changed on the unit to have the fan running at all times without shutting off. I will have our maintenance staff show our front desk staff how to apply that setting. I am also sorry to hear that the front desk staff was not more helpful to your situation and was not responsive to your issue. I will make sure our staff is aware of the issue and make sure they know how to remedy this for any future stays.

I sincerely apologize for this and hope that you stay with us in the future.

Castle Rock, CO
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We checked in on a Friday night at 6 pm. No line at the desk and very nice desk clerk. We were on the 4th floor in room 403. Room was fine except for I found the furniture placement a little odd. The bed faced the window which I did not like. We had a view of the Home Depot. Bathroom was very large with a shower instead of tub. The room seemed clean and we had no problems. Seemed a little expensive through for Hays at $120 room rate. If we were not Hilton Honor gold members we may not have stayed here at that price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

I'm very happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and were met with friendly service and found a clean,comfortable, spacious room waiting for you. All of our King rooms have the walk-in shower and our Queen rooms have the shower with a bathtub. I am sorry to hear that our furnature arrangement was not what you expected. I will see if there is a way for us to rearrange the room differently and not have the bed facing the window.

Cosby,TN, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We were only there one night. We arrived very late and were so happy to have a nice place to sleep! Very friendly staff! My husband was on business in the area and I was traveling with him. The hotel was clean and in a very good location. We were very pleased.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm very happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and were met with friendly service and had a clean,comfortable waiting for you. I am pleased to hear that our location was easy to find and that you enjoyed everything we have to offer.

St. Francis, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This Hays Hotel is excellent, very clean and inviting. Has a very nice breakfast and space to sit. Rooms are spacious and beds are good. Pool and hot tub are good, easy access to the internet. The hotel is easy to find off I-70.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hannah A, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, September 12, 2013

I'm very happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and were met with friendly service and found a clean,comfortable, spacious room waiting for you. I am also glad to hear that you were able to find us easily off of the highway and that you enjoyed all of our hotel's amenities!