“Clean, Quite, Comfortable, Safe”

Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hays
Kansas City, Missouri
“Clean, Quite, Comfortable, Safe”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is as all the Hamptons I have stayed in.. clean, comfortable and quite. Soft beds, clean bathrooms and carpet. Mini firdge and microwave in the room with very good coffee for a hotel.
The full breakfast is always a plus and this is a very safe location next to Ihop and close to an Applebees. Will stay here again next time I have to cross Kansas.

Room Tip: Turn on the bathroom light manually.. it will come on with the auto sensor but if you take a long sh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello!

Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! I'm very glad to hear that our hotel lived up to the high standards you've come to expect from Hampton hotels. Safety and comfort is a top concern for guests, and I'm happy to see that you felt at ease at this property. We're looking forward to having you stop in on your next trip through Kansas!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We're never disappointed with any of the Hilton Family. Although it takes some time to figure how to get to the property, once found it's all worth it. This Hampton was a last minute choice on a trip from Colorado to Kansas City, MO. Facility is clean, folks are friendly, and the rooms are quite comfortable. There is also an IHOP on the property so you can eat without having to get back in the car and drive more

Room Tip: There are doors all around the perimeter so it's never far to get inside in bad wether
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello!

Thank you for the kind review about your recent stay with us! I'm very glad that you found us and were able to enjoy our rooms, and the convenient location next to IHop. It's great to have dining options so near by!

Thanks again and we look forward to having you stay with us anytime you return to the area.
Dodge City, Kansas
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I am quite selective of where I stay, and choose Hilton porperties frequently. Having had multiple neck surgeries, I choose facilities that have good mattresses and pillows. I am also rather picky about bedding and bath linens and cleanliness. The facility was clean, linens and mattress were clean and in good condition. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Breakfast was a bit of a let-down with dried out eggs and potatoes. Fortunately, there were other items to select from.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Hello and thank you for your kind review!

We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton family and I am so glad our property was able to meet your expectations. I apologize that you found a couple of the breakfast items to be a let-down, but I'm happy that there were enough options to keep you satisfied! We try to change up our menu frequently and will continue to do so.

Thanks again for your loyalty and the time that you took to complete a review about your stay.

Have a great day!
Westport, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2013

With only one or two exceptions, Hampton Inns have fulfilled--and often exceeded--our expectations. The Hays property was excellent with a well appointed and sparkling clean room, inviting common areas and a fine breakfast. Becky on the front desk was a charming ambassador to give us guidance on the choice of rooms and recommended a downtown restaurant. Unfortunately, we opted for Mikes Steakhouse, which was closer, and it would be worth a miss.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Hello!

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am so glad that we were able to meet your expectations. We have a great team here and I am happy that you were provided with a clean room, great breakfast, and excellent service. If you're ever back in the area, we look forward to serving you again then!

Thanks again!
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stopped here overnight with our two big dogs (90lbs and 40lbs.). The hotel added a small fee for the dogs, but it was well worth it. The room was wonderfully clean, and there was pleanty of places outside the well-lit hotel to walk the dogs in the morning and at night. I am so grateful that hotels will allow you to take your pets along, and as I said the room was perfectly clean. They also honored our earlier request to be on a ground floor.

Room Tip: Make a reservation and stay on the ground floor with your pet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sooner78
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Hello!

Thank you so much for the time you took to post a review about your recent stay with us! I'm so glad you and your family (dogs included!) enjoyed your time here.

Again, I appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you and yours the next time you are in the Hays area.

Katie & the Hampton Inn Staff
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

As a Hilton Diamond member, we stay in a lot of their properties. Hampton Inn Hays is one of the best. Polite and friendly check in at 2 am, great room with a big bathroom, nice sitting area and great bed. Their is even an IHOP in the parking lot. We didn't make it to the very busy IHOP due to the very solid Biscuits and Gravy as part of the free breakfast.

Recommend rooms on the "quite side" away from the highway if you are a light sleeper. We were highway side but not a problem for us.

Also, they are dog friendly.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JohnnyReb007
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hi there!

Thank you so much for the kind review about your recent stay with us! We certainly appreciate not not only that, but also your loyalty to the Hilton brand.

Your review will be most helpful and I'm very glad to see that you enjoyed the biscuits and gravy! It's so nice to have a great breakfast without having to leave the building, especially on such cold mornings!

Thank you again and we'll look forward to seeing you again whenever you're in the area!
Tallahassee
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Review of Hampton Inn in Ks, Ar, La,
Hampton's addition of nightly "happy Hour" at several locations is a welcome amenity after several hours on the road. Each property was well maintained, offered a great hot breakfast, and staffed by super people. Ample parking, coffee 24 hrs, daily newspaper etc. all one needs to be comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tallytennis11
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hello!

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our complimentary evening snacks! Your Hampton loyalty is greatly appreciated, as are your kind words. We will continue to strive to meet and exceed your expectations.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!