“Hampton Inn's across the country”

Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hays
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Review of Hampton Inn in Ks, Ar, La,
Hampton's addition of nightly "happy Hour" at several locations is a welcome amenity after several hours on the road. Each property was well maintained, offered a great hot breakfast, and staffed by super people. Ample parking, coffee 24 hrs, daily newspaper etc. all one needs to be comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tallytennis11
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Hello!

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy our complimentary evening snacks! Your Hampton loyalty is greatly appreciated, as are your kind words. We will continue to strive to meet and exceed your expectations.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is very clean and quiet. The king room was very nice and ac worked well. The parking lot is well lite with plenty of parking. While we were there the hot tub was out of order, wished it had been working. The breakfast was very good with eggs and sausage, oatmeal. All was very good and the lady taking care of everything was very nice and helpful, she took very good care of us. The front desk was very nice, too. We would stay again, but would enjoy the hot tub.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaynewan
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Hi there!

Thank you so much for posting a review! I do apologize that the hot tub was unfortunately out of order during your stay. Our maintenance team was working on it to get it up and running just as quickly as possible. Hopefully, for your next stay with us, you'll be able to enjoy the hot tub!

I'll make sure & let our breakfast attendant know how much you enjoyed your morning and the food options! I'm glad that both she and the Front Desk were able to accommodate you.

Thanks again, have a great day!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times. The hotel has always been clean and the staff has always been friendly. I've never experienced any problems here. My son lives in Colorado so when I travel from Tennessee to see him this is a good stopping place for me. It's really handy with the IHOP right across the parking lot. Once you check in to the hotel you don't have to drive anywhere. I was planning a trip to Colorado and went online to make reservation at this hotel again and much to my surprise I find out this is now a non-smoking hotel. I smoke. I need a place to stay just like the non-smokers. It's a shame that so many hotels are going smoke free. It's really hard to travel anymore. I would recommend this hotel because I've never had a bad experience here. Unfortunately I won't be able to stay here anymore.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank easiwin1948

Hello!

Thank you so much for posting a review about our hotel! I greatly appreciate your recommendations, and do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered due to our recent non-smoking conversion. We do offer designated smoking areas, but I understand that is not as convenient as the option to smoke in the rooms.

Your review was so helpful and I thank you for your time! We wish you nothing but safe travels and would welcome you back anytime.

Have a great day!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stay there as a midpoint between destinations. The room was clean and typical of a Hampton Inn. Unfortunately they have gone totally green for the cups in the room and at breakfast. We both like water at the nightstand and the paper cups don't work very well. Cudos to Jared at the front desk who found two glasses for us. We had a fire alarm at 10 pm. It stayed on for about a minute. The front desk Told us that someone accidentally actuated a pull station. They have a regular size washer and dryer for a dollar. They also had detergent and dryer fabric softener as complimentary-nice touch. Jared provided the menus that delivered to the hotel. The breakfast was the standard fare.

We wanted a first floor room. However the first floor has the king beds and were sold out. We ended up with two queens on the second floor.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beavscabin
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Hi there!

Thanks for your review! I'm very glad to see that Jared was able to accommodate you with glasses that better served your needs; I'll make sure to let him know of your appreciation.

I apologize for the false fire alarm, but am glad it was silenced immediately.

You are correct - we only have single kings available on the first floor. For any future reservation, just make sure to let us know that you prefer a first floor room and we will do our best to accommodate.

Thank you again for your time and have a great day!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed one night the week of Oct. 28th 2012. The hotel was very clean. The wireless which was free was not very good. I would be booted off about every 10 mins or so. The breakfast was ok. Oatmeal was ice cold it looked like they just forgotten to plug it in. Staff was very friendly and I would stay again. I have had some bad stays at different places in Hays.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank luvtotravel05

Hello!

Thank you so much for posting a TripAdvisor review about your recent stay! I apologize that you had some trouble with the internet connection; we have a technician here this week helping us with an upgrade to our network. We should have a much more reliable connection once this update is complete.

I will also make sure that all breakfast food that is supposed to be warm, stays warm and I apologize that you found the oatmeal to not be in this condition!

I am happy to see that you will return to our property -- I greatly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you back with us.

Thanks again!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Spotless hotel! The staff is friendly and helpful. Located right off the I 70 at exit 159 on the North East corner. The room has a very nice desk that is idea for the business traveler (I did my expense report and had plenty of room). Nice flat screen with plenty of channels. Coffee pot is NOT located in the bathroom. My room had a microwave and refrigerator.
When business brings me back to Hays I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John F
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Hi there!

First, thank you so much for your kind review regarding our hotel and your recent stay!

I am so happy that my staff was able to accommodate you and that you were able to get your work done in a comfortable setting! For your next stay, I wanted to let you know that we do have coffee makers in the room; they brew individually and are not a typical "coffee pot" that one might think of. Every room does come with a microwave and refrigerator as well, and I'm glad that you were able to utilize these amenities.

We do also have fresh coffee in the lobby at all times, if that is more convenient for you!

Thanks again for your business, your time, and your loyalty. We look forward to having you back on your next business trip!

Have a great day and please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do for you and your future stays!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is the second time that we have stayed here. This time is was the last night of a nine night road time. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very pleasant. There were even cookies when we checked in. The only negative that I have is that the breakfast attendant was not out in the breakfast area. Twice I had to knock on the pantry door to get something from her. Once I spilt milk and wanted to tell her and the other time there was no sugar for the coffee. She had just been out because she was refilling the regular coffee with I asked for sugar. But other that that one small issue it is a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay in the back side if possible. You will not hear the highway noise as bad.