“Good for a one night stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70

Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Hays
“Good for a one night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stay there as a midpoint between destinations. The room was clean and typical of a Hampton Inn. Unfortunately they have gone totally green for the cups in the room and at breakfast. We both like water at the nightstand and the paper cups don't work very well. Cudos to Jared at the front desk who found two glasses for us. We had a fire alarm at 10 pm. It stayed on for about a minute. The front desk Told us that someone accidentally actuated a pull station. They have a regular size washer and dryer for a dollar. They also had detergent and dryer fabric softener as complimentary-nice touch. Jared provided the menus that delivered to the hotel. The breakfast was the standard fare.

We wanted a first floor room. However the first floor has the king beds and were sold out. We ended up with two queens on the second floor.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beavscabin
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Hi there!

Thanks for your review! I'm very glad to see that Jared was able to accommodate you with glasses that better served your needs; I'll make sure to let him know of your appreciation.

I apologize for the false fire alarm, but am glad it was silenced immediately.

You are correct - we only have single kings available on the first floor. For any future reservation, just make sure to let us know that you prefer a first floor room and we will do our best to accommodate.

Thank you again for your time and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Newton, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night the week of Oct. 28th 2012. The hotel was very clean. The wireless which was free was not very good. I would be booted off about every 10 mins or so. The breakfast was ok. Oatmeal was ice cold it looked like they just forgotten to plug it in. Staff was very friendly and I would stay again. I have had some bad stays at different places in Hays.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank luvtotravel05
Hello!

Thank you so much for posting a TripAdvisor review about your recent stay! I apologize that you had some trouble with the internet connection; we have a technician here this week helping us with an upgrade to our network. We should have a much more reliable connection once this update is complete.

I will also make sure that all breakfast food that is supposed to be warm, stays warm and I apologize that you found the oatmeal to not be in this condition!

I am happy to see that you will return to our property -- I greatly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you back with us.

Thanks again!
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Spotless hotel! The staff is friendly and helpful. Located right off the I 70 at exit 159 on the North East corner. The room has a very nice desk that is idea for the business traveler (I did my expense report and had plenty of room). Nice flat screen with plenty of channels. Coffee pot is NOT located in the bathroom. My room had a microwave and refrigerator.
When business brings me back to Hays I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank John F
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hi there!

First, thank you so much for your kind review regarding our hotel and your recent stay!

I am so happy that my staff was able to accommodate you and that you were able to get your work done in a comfortable setting! For your next stay, I wanted to let you know that we do have coffee makers in the room; they brew individually and are not a typical "coffee pot" that one might think of. Every room does come with a microwave and refrigerator as well, and I'm glad that you were able to utilize these amenities.

We do also have fresh coffee in the lobby at all times, if that is more convenient for you!

Thanks again for your business, your time, and your loyalty. We look forward to having you back on your next business trip!

Have a great day and please feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do for you and your future stays!
Atchison, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is the second time that we have stayed here. This time is was the last night of a nine night road time. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very pleasant. There were even cookies when we checked in. The only negative that I have is that the breakfast attendant was not out in the breakfast area. Twice I had to knock on the pantry door to get something from her. Once I spilt milk and wanted to tell her and the other time there was no sugar for the coffee. She had just been out because she was refilling the regular coffee with I asked for sugar. But other that that one small issue it is a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Stay in the back side if possible. You will not hear the highway noise as bad.
1 Thank madaboutred
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hi there!

Thank you so much for the review! Your loyalty is greatly appreciated.

I apologize you weren't able to reach the breakfast attendant right away. With any future stays, if you have any trouble with the breakfast area, our Front Desk attendant is happy to help you as well. I am happy to see you found a quiet room and friendly staff -- we love having you here!

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

-Katie & the team at Hampton Inn-Hays
Gig Harbor, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

As with all the other Hamptons we stayed in this one was most clean and comfortable. Check in and check out easy. The rooms are spacious, bathroom with plenty of counter space, WIFI was fast and we did not find any noise to be disturbing. We ate at the IHOP across the parking lot twice and that I will also review. Since we were tired of "hotel food" we went to IHOP again in the morning before leaving, Another plus with Hampton Inns is that they have a "breakfast to go" a brown bag with a bottle of water, muffin, apple, mints and breakfast bar. We usually took one of those along for a snack when we didn't want to stop. We will definitely stay here again if in the area,

1 Thank loanne55
Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm happy to see that you had a wonderful stay and we do look forward to having you again when you're in the area. Between our breakfast in house, the "On the Go" breakfast bags, and the IHop across the street, we certainly have many breakfast options!

Many thanks,

Katie McCall & the Team at Hampton Inn-Hays
Andover, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed here recently while crossing Kansas.

This hotel is fairly new, very clean and nice. The downside is the noise from the Interstate nearby. It seemed we were constantly hearing the engine compresssion from semi trucks roaring by. Our room was on the front of the hotel. I wonder if rooms on the back side would be quieter?

On the upside, there are some restaurants nearby, including an IHOP just across the parking lot.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank K2V2
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Hello!

Thank you so much for posting a review about your stay. I apologize that you heard some traffic noise from I-70; being so close to the interstate does come with that downfall, at least for our light sleepers, but it also makes us very easy to find!

I'm glad you found the restaurant location convenient and we'll look forward to having you stay with us anytime you're back in the area!

Thank you again from the entire team at Hampton Inn-Hays!
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here on our way home to MO from CO. Everything thing was clean, the beds were comfy and the A/C was cold. We would definitely stay here again! Another bonus is that there is a Freddie's right down the street...we don't have one where we live and it's always a treat to find one! You won't be disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank rhower
Katie M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hays-North of I-70, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Hello!

Thank you for posting a review about your stay with us! I'm glad to hear we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay. A lot of time was put in to creating a "perfect" bed for the Hampton brand, and I think they got it just right!

Freddy's is just about to celebrate their 3-year anniversary of opening here in Hays -- it's so nice to find a surprise of something you enjoy but don't get to have all of the time!

Thank you again!