“Nice flavours, limited range”
Review of Napoli's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Napoli's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Nice overall experience with a friendly + helpful waiter and moderate + clean (though dated) decor. Very nice tomato pasta sauce with a good flavour. I had the chicken parmigiana which was nice although the chicken was a little flavourless. The other guests dining with me were generally happy with their food also. Nothing super exciting and quite a limited range on the menu, but very tasty especially in small town Hays.

I was however a little put-out to discover that Napoli's had failed a Food Safety inspection earlier in the month and was meant to be closed until a repeat inspection had cleared it! It failed on trivial grounds generally but I still found it off putting to have dined there without the restaurant having a current license to be open!

-voluntarily-closed-after-state-inspection/

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I lived in NYC for over twenty years.. Napolis pizza is the same wonderful taste I remember from the city..their red sauce is wonderful..not like the disgusting sweet ketchup flavored sauce most of the so called Italian foods in this town seem to have..Daniel the manager is awesome.. the staff is very customer oriented..this town is plagued with inedible , filthy overpriced slop.. Napolis is a winner !!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Napoli's doesn't look like much from the outside--just another small town restuarant, but the food is delicious and the service good without being obnoxious. Their salads are fresh, and they have a wonderful house dressing. Love, love, love the bread and dipping oil. I don't eat any other meal on the day I visit Napoli's so I can indulge in the bread. My friends and I love their shrimp Benemino, but the lasagna, stuffed shells, and other dishes are good as well. If you haven't figured it out, this is my place to go overboard, so I always have their tiramasu--another delight with a good cup of coffee. I've always had great service that is enough but not too much. This is fairly quiet place to eat so it's where I meet friends to catch up on one another's lives.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The outside appearance isn't eye appealing but inside is clean and orderly. It was fairly busy when we arrived and we were seated promptly. Lots of adequate seating. The waiter was polite and attentive to our needs. My meal was fixed incorrectly and he caught it before it came to the table. He was apologetic and explained the system does like to accept orders omitting an item at times. It came shortly after he had explained the delay. My meal was good. My husband got a seafood pasta and said it was good. He said it is a traditional Italian dish comparing to meals he had in Italy. The salad was just lettuce with a few onion slices nothing fancy. The house dressing was good. The bread was good. Nice hot and fresh but it was not an Italian bread. The oil to dip in needed more spices added it was rather weak. The menu prices were comparable to other restaurants. . All in all it was good and will be going back. Oh we did notice the floors were sticky too but they were clean must be the cleaning solution they are using.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Napoli's seems to get forgotten about at times, especially at lunch. Not much trafffic when we were there, but picked up after a bit. I think they do well during tourist season as it is close to a motel, and I have seen them full to the gills on a mother's day or other holiday. The pasta and other food is consistently good quality and we love the garlic and basil olive oil that is served with the bread. Or at least I used to. I have an intolerance for gluten, can no longer have the bread and although they do not, to date, serve gluten-free pasta they made me a WONDERFUL vegetable mix of mushrooms, onions and peppers and other veggies as an alternative. It was the perfect side for my eggplant parmigiana. These are very good cooks.

My only concern was the floor seemed a bit sticky, but maybe it was just about to be mopped. I am sure it is better by now.