New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #52 of 86 Restaurants in Hays
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
“Friendly service and GREAT food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was wary about trying this place because of previous reviews - but I am so glad I did! First I ordered an appetizer of fried pickles..those were amazing! Then I had a chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy, and that was equally amazing.

The staff was very friendly to me and my 7 month old while we waited for our to go order, and made us feel very welcome!

Great place!

Visited March 2013

Hays, Kansas
“Dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

It was all right for considering its location. I had the chicken fried chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. The green beans were not so good, my husband ordered a bacon double cheeseburger and it was alright.

Visited December 2012
“Good service and drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I popped in here for a drink after getting my work done one night. There was a big assortment of people from road crews to business men so it was obviously a bit loud...but it's a bar, what do you expect?? The drinks were good and the service was fantastic. If you are staying at any of the hotels surrounding this place it's a quick and easy place to have a nice drink before turning in for the night and since it isn't a college kid hangout it has a more mature atmosphere which was nice.

Visited August 2012
Topeka, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Just as nasty and unclean as the Ramada motel where it is housed. Terrible service just as at the motel and just as uncaring personnel..........food inspector most come announced.

Visited July 2012
“Best chicken Alfredo in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Tortellini. Ala Vodka is the best. The Chicken Fried Chicken.and Chicken Fried Steak are made in house. Most people don't know how good the food is here. They just think it's a bar. Live music every weekend too.