“Very Nice”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Hays
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel is north of I-70, just past Walmart.

We had a king room with a hide-a-bed. The room was great - very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious. The bed was great and my 11-year-old son had no complaints about the hide-a-bed.

Check in was easy. The property is very clean. We would stay here again if we needed to.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Express4650, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank-you for your great review of our property. I am so glad you were able to enjoy your stay. We look forward to you staying again.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Having grown up in Hays, KS, I can say with confidence that this is the best hotel in town. If you are an upscale traveler used to high-end lodgings, this is as close as you will get in western Kansas. The building is new, clean, and well-maintained throughout. The rooms (and bathrooms) are spacious and well-appointed with most of the attributes one would expect. On two recent, brief stays I occupied in two different rooms and I found the staff friendly, the rooms clean, all systems operative, all furniture and bedding comfortable, and climate control entirely satisfactory. The exercise facilities, while limited, are up-to-date and operate properly. Two computer terminals are available at no cost, though they both repeatedly closed me out when I was checking my email, for no reason I could discern. There is no restaurant on-site, but no hotel in town houses a restaurant since the old Holiday Inn closed some time ago. The location is somewhat remote, to the north of town, but in a community of this size that is fairly meaningless. The breakfast bar is adequate but unremarkable; some sort of egg-and-cheese thing seems to be a constant, and during my stay the other hot item seemed to rotate between biscuits and gravy and extremely dry ham. While I am more accustomed to luxury hotels (see my other reviews), I feel certain that if, for some reason, one has to stay in Hays, KS, one can do no better than the Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mousewife
Express4650, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thanks for your review about your recent stay with us! I'm very glad to see that you enjoyed nearly every aspect of your stay. We currently rotate different options for the the cheese omelets and the ham with sausage links or patties. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to having you return to our property again soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

First stay at a HIE. There is nothing to say about this hotel except everything was excellent. We have since stayed at another and in the near future will look for a HIE before considering other hotel chains.

• Stayed: March 2013
Express4650, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank-you for your recent comments about our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you aging in the future.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Rooms are spacious and comfortable beds. Fast check-in, and staff are very friendly and helpful. They also called adn checked to make sure everything was Ok with the room after check-in. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Express4650, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

I want to thank-you for your positive comment about our hotel. We alway like to what we are doing right. Thank-you for staying.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here while traveling through Kansas. The rooms were clean, large, comfortable. The staff was very friendly. Our young children loved the salt water swimming pool and the adults loved the whirlpool hot tub. We would stay here again. Absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Naep4

Thank you so much for your excellent review about your recent stay! I'm so happy we were able to accommodate your needs and it nice to hear you enjoyed the pool and hot tub!

We look forward to having you and your family return soon.

Thank-you

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Accommodations were very clean and comfortable. Nice decor, nice towels, great breakfast and dining area. Rooms even have a mini-fridge and small microwave. Close to the interstate. We had a super late check-in (3am) and staff was friendly and accommodating. We were traveling cross country and needed a place to stay last minute. I was a little worried about what kind of hotel we might end up at because I-70 through Kansas is somewhat barren but booked this due to great recommendations on trip advisor. This hotel lives up to all the positive reviews - we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about your recent stay! I'm so happy we were able to accommodate your needs and exceed your expectations and your great review is appreciated.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

New, clean, great bedding & bathroom, free hot breakfast (wonderful cinnamon rolls & make-it-yourself pancakes, biscuits, yogurt, selection of juices, etc). This is our 2nd time staying here & our 7th or 8th stopping through Hays & this is our new go-to hotel here. The pool is very nice and clean & the hot tub felt great after 12 hours in the car. My only complaint is the walls seemed a bit thin - I could hear our neighbors talking & a small child crying most of the night. Think the price is just a bit higher than other similar hotels in the area.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rogueit
Express4650, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear that we have been the best hotel you've stayed at in Hays and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you, Margie Dansel, the GM of the Hays Kansas Holiday Inn Express.