New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Hays
Louisville, KY
“Best hotel we've stayed at in this area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

New, clean, great bedding & bathroom, free hot breakfast (wonderful cinnamon rolls & make-it-yourself pancakes, biscuits, yogurt, selection of juices, etc). This is our 2nd time staying here & our 7th or 8th stopping through Hays & this is our new go-to hotel here. The pool is very nice and clean & the hot tub felt great after 12 hours in the car. My only complaint is the walls seemed a bit thin - I could hear our neighbors talking & a small child crying most of the night. Think the price is just a bit higher than other similar hotels in the area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rogueit
Express4650, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are happy to hear that we have been the best hotel you've stayed at in Hays and look forward to seeing you again. Thank you, Margie Dansel, the GM of the Hays Kansas Holiday Inn Express.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Due to snow and wind, my family made an unexpected stop in Hays on our way home from Colorado. Because we weren't prepared to stop, we didn't have a pack and play or anything for the baby. The staff was helpful when we arrived, the cribs they have are better than I was expecting, the room was really clean and it looked nice. Their breakfast the next morning had a lot of variety. It was a full, hot breakfast, rather than continental. All in all, I was impressed and if I were to stop in Kansas again, I'd choose this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Express4650, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you found a good night's stay with us and were able to get plenty of rest. I am glad you were able to enjoy the variety of menu items with our breakfast, including yogurt, fruit, and cereal, but also biscuits, pastries, and pancakes. It is our hope with such a menu that everybody is able to find something they enjoy!

Thanks again for staying.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had a very positive experience here. Clean room with all amenities we expected. The front desk called after we had been in the room awhile, to see if everything met our expectations. We were given a very good recommendation for dinner. I cannot think of any way they could improve their service. Such a pleasant stay following a below average stay at a Courtyard by Marriott in Earth City!

• Stayed December 2012
Bonney Lake, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stop while on our way across the country. I must admit that I was impressed with Holiday Inn Express. I feel that I did not have high expectations going in which may very well have helped. Exerything ran smoothly and the staff was nothing if not helpful. Would definitely stay again if I ever travel through Hays, KS.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stopped here on our cross country road trip based solely on the TA reviews. This hotel lives up to its recommendations. It is new, nice and the THE place to stay in Hays. Don't even think about staying anywhere else!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Express4650, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy your stay. words. We will continue to strive to meet and exceed your expectations.
Goddard, KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Convenience: It was easy to find right off the highway and not difficult to access. I stayed for two day and both days I found nice places to eat that were close by. It was also close by to a Wal-Mart, which came in handy.

Customer Service: Check in was fast and went smoothly. The person covering the front desk did their job and didn’t really stand out as being all that friendly.

Cleanliness of Room: This seemed to be a new hotel. The room was very clean except my shower curtain, which was replaced after the first day without any prompting. The bedding seemed very clean.

Comfort: The heater kept the room at a nice constant temperature and was not overly loud. The room was very large and so was the bathroom. There was plenty of space. The beds were nice and comfortable. Each bed had four pillows, two soft and two firm pillows. I had a great nights sleep both nights. I did not hear any other guests while I was in my room except when I was right by the door.

Breakfast: The breakfast was the typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast. There was yogurt, cereal, the cinnamon rolls, pastries, bagels, juices and the pancake machines. There was also a rotating four dishes. The first day there was a folded egg dish, sausages and biscuits. The second day there was scrambled eggs, sausages, and biscuits. The lady in charge of the breakfast was super friendly. Unlike most holiday inn expresses, this one had plenty of seating.

Room Amenities: The room had a desk, a flat panel TV, a microwave, a mini fridge and a coffee maker. The TV seemed almost too small for the room.

Bottom Line: I enjoyed my stay and if I ever go back to Hays, KS this will be my first choice for hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boulder CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

liked the hotel but a dad and his 3 obnoxious sons ruined the pool for us. They thought they were the only guests and the mom sat and watched looking proud of her rude brood. They hit me in the head with a football. My daughter who never got to swim and i left. Went to the front desk 3 times but no one was there.

• Stayed November 2012