“Fine experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Hays
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Fine experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Chose this Motel based on my experiences with this Brand, and was again pleased. This appears to be a very new, or very well maintained motel. Or both. I was concerned about Interstate 70 noise, but this motel is nicely situated a couple blocks off the Interstate. Nice check in process, plenty of amentities, and room was spic and clean. Didn't try the breakfast, and found internet very dependable and fast. I'd

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight on our way to M. Great experience. Very clean room & GREAT comfortable bed! No trouble with noise. Good breakfast. Good value. Great location. Friendly staff. Will definitely use Holiday Inn Express again!

• Stayed September 2012
Greeley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here while visiting Fort Hays State University. This is one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in. It is very new and kept very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This probably is the best property in Hays and in a quiet area near Wal-mart and Applebees. I am a travel agent and usually get very good rates. The rate I paid at this property is pretty high even for an agent and I don't know that it is that much better than say the Fairfield or a few others if I was paying regular rates though. The breakfast is the normal HI Express- nothing great but the hostess is friendly and keeps things very clean and fully stocked. Breakfast room is one of the largest I have seen too with plenty of seating. Elevators were some of the slowest ever if that bothers you. Book a 1st floor room if you are antsy. We used the stairs usually. I would recommend this place if you are willing to pay a bit extra.

Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Reception person was very pleasant. Very clean nice room. Very good breakfast. The breakfast was one of the best we have ever encountered in a chain. One of the waitresses, ChristieAnna, was so sweet and helpful. She had been working at a wonderful resturant we eat at in downtown Hays, "the Rooftop Resteraunt", we always plan our stops in western Kansas so we can stop there for dinner. Even though she wasn't our waitress, she was very helpful while we were there and remembered us from our meeting. She should be commended for her exceptional work and knack for making guests feel good. Our other motel experience in Hays, and some of the surrounding towns along I70, left us not excited about spending the night in the area, but we have changed our minds about that now that we have stayed in the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: We came in early evening, so only had a handicapped room available, but it worked out great because...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Driving cross country we decided to spend the night at the Holiday Inn in Hays, KS. I decided to pay for the room using my Priority Club Rewards Points because the nightly room rate was excessive for Western Kansas. The hotel appeared to be clean and up to date. Very comfortable beds and nice flat screen tv.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ricky075
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

As we were driving across country we decided to only stay in Holiday Inn Express Hotels, we found the accomadations very nice throughout the country. This particular hotel was furnished very nice and I have to say it exceeded my expectations for Hays KS. It is definately not what I was expecting, the decor throughout the hotel was very modern but still welcoming. Hot breakfast was great. Staff was very friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My first priority is a clean hotel and this one exceeded our expecations.
We got a great night sleep, and enjoyed a delicious breakfast the next morning.
Walmart and Applebee's are close by.
We received great customer service.