“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Butterfield Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Hays
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised of the size and cleanliness of the room. We had a king bed with a sitting area of two chairs and an ottoman. Lots of good relaxing space. The price was very reasonable. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Comstock Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Fairly new hotel. Room was really spacious with 2 easy chairs, plus ottoman, as well as a desk, table & dresser. 2 queen beds, all for $94. Not an exceptional price perhaps, but a good value these days. It was very clean & modern with a good breakfast provided in a large dining space, no fighting for a table. Applebee's & I-Hop next door.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We recently stayed at the BW in Hays and we're so glad we did. The room was very spacey, very comfortable beds, and so very quite. Didn't 't hear a peep from other rooms. All staff that we encountered were very friendly and helpful. Best room we had on our trip of 7 days and to top the the visit to Hays, we got to eat supper at Freddy's!

Bixby, Oklahoma, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very nice stay at the Best Western Butterfield Inn. Room was very spacious with 2 queen beds and lounge area and room to walk around. It was nicely appointed, clean and well-maintained. Staff was friendly. Excellent breakfast. Very enjoyable stay.

1 Thank Margaret S
Ottawa, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Not knowing what was up ahead going west to Colorado on I-70, we decided to stop in Hays KS before we were too tired and boy am I glad we did! As soon as we entered the foyer, we were taken care of as though we were their only guests. The room was very clean, tidy and well furnished. The pool was at the perfect temperature and the hot tub was nice and steamy. There are plenty of restaurants close by to choose from. I loved the clock radio with the awesome dimmer lights. Normally I have to cover the clocks at other hotels so that I can sleep. Light bothers me. Thank you Best Western for a perfect night's sleep.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Walking-away-now
Sebastian, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while family attended seminar at college in town. It was newer, clean, one of the quietest hotels I've been at in a long time. The free breakfast was great---hot waffles actually made by 2 ladies that oversaw the breakfast. It was the first time I've been to one of these where someone actually made the waffles for you (usually these hot irons are not real user friendly at times) and they offered hot little eggs/cheese/bacon/potato things that were tasty and easy to grab and go with. Juices, hot oatmeal, fresh fruit-----large selection of items. Great hot tub and pool. Had my grand-daughter with me to watch over while her mom attended the training. We spent the better part of 2 days in the pool and she loved it. They even had an electric lift for those with disabilities that would need it to access the pool. This was the first time I have ever seen that at a hotel pool. Everyone was very friendly, and the employee who was at the front desk the day we left was kind enough to extend some extra time to us for the room and
the pool area when we needed a place to hang out till we could head home. Only thing that irked me was when I got my bill, I found they had charged me $1.50 a day for use of the safe in the closet. We never used it or touched it...never had such a charge before on a room bill. If you stay you may want to be sure they don't add that on. Didn't realize it till I got home. All in all...very nice place. Lots of great restaurants nearby, a Walmart close, Home-Depot, Sternburg Museum with animatronic dinosaurs on exhibit. We never made it--but there is an Aquatic Park nearby and it sounded like fun. Definately worth a stay here!

Room Tip: I always request room at the end of a hall, upper floor, away from elevators and ice machines. That...