“Diamond in the prairie”

Best Western Plus Night Watchman Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Greensburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 21, 2013

A winter storm forced us to take three days off the nearby highway. What a wonderful, clean, neat, well lighted, well designed hotel. We have never stayed in hofsl so well equipped with so many amenities. Staff went out of the way to feed us, provide us with anything we requested and chat with us to keep us company. The place was filled yet everyone was polite and well behaved. The halls are extremely well lighted and quiet. Room temperature is set by wall mounted thermostats, something I have never seen before. TVs are flat screen with satellite TV providing huge amounts of channels. Rooms very well equipped and modern with so many features. Cleanliness was outstanding. Great breakfast options, cookies and coffee available all day, soup provided at no charge for supper. Really, really pleased with a family friendly facility. Will stop again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
BWGreensburg, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Night Watchman Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

I was very pleased to hear about your stay with us and glad that you found safe shelter with us during the winter storm. It was nice to hear about your experience with the staff as well. We work to maintain a family friendly environment, providing a home away from home rather than just another hotel. Again, I am very pleased to hear about your overall experience and look forward to seeing you next time! If there is anything that you need, even to make a reservation in the future, please feel free to contact me.

Justin Arnold
Sales Manager
(620) 723-2240

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

King room with small refrigerator, microwave, soap, shampoo, conditioner provided. Beautiful pool room and hot tub although on this visit both were closed due to plumbing issues. Friendly and flexible staff. Free wifi and hot breakfast. This town was flattened by a tornado in '07 and is being rebuilt green! A wind farm powers the whole town. Wonderful breakfast. Eggs ham biscuits and gravy yogurt waffles tea. Walls were thin and we cod hear people at night. Pet friendly. Saw 2 dogs. They sanitize everything. Town attraction: the largest hand dug well. A little more expensive than one might expect for out in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: December 2012
Ron W, Owner at Best Western Plus Night Watchman Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for kind words. We try very hard to provided a clean property with firest class service. The pool area should be up and operating this coming week. Waiting on parts for the repairs. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We have stayed several times when coming to visit family. We get a family suite and it's big enough for our family of 6. We love having the indoor pool in the winter and the breakfast is better than pastries and sweets (although they have some of that too!) It's a good value for the price and the nicest oasis between Wichita and Dodge City

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
BWGreensburg, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Night Watchman Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you very much for your response as well as your loyalty to our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We work to create a family environment and hope to project an atmosphere of home. Our staff is friendly and greets you with a warm smile. We hope that you continue to make this your home away from home. Be sure to check us out on Facebook!

If there is anything that I can help you with in the future, including making your next reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Justin Arnold
Sales Manager
Best Western Nightwatchman
515 W. Kansas Ave.
Greensburg, KS 67054
(620) 723-2240
saleschampion17013@hotel.bestwestern.com

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I never thought I would find a need to spend the night in Greensburg. My family doesn't live far away but a big family event brought me to the Night Watchman and I am so grateful!

Greensburg was almost completely demolished from an F5 tornado five years ago and they chose to rebuild 'green.' I love that decision and the determination of a town to not give up.

The rooms were lovely (there were several of us staying there) and welcoming. The pool was thoroughly enjoyed by my Dad and nephew. The front dining area was great - clean, fresh and well-stocked. I especially loved the eco-friendly bath gear - shampoo and conditioner, the soap and face wipes were wonderful!

While the staff wasn't outgoing, they were not rude and eager to assist me when I asked.

I would not hesitate to stay there again (and am, in fact, trying to figure out a good reason to do so).

To be fair, I have no idea what this room cost since my folks were staying there and left early so I took the room. Not a bad deal, huh?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is amazing! The "green" aspect of it all was a very welcomed touch. This hotel pays attention to detail. The room was immaculate. The design of the room was exciting. The wind turbine outside our window was neat. We like our room cold and it was the coldest of all rooms on our vacation. Beds were really comfortable and pillows were just right. The only negative thing I could find was that the hotel allows dogs in every room. It's pretty pathetic when dogs come before humans... We searched all over Dodge City for a hotel that wasn't a "dog hotel"... And finally left the town because of it. When we saw this hotel, we knew they wouldnt allow animals in it... But they do. The only reason we stayed is because we were falling asleep at the wheel. Glad we stopped, though. With animals peeing and poopin on the floors, this hotel won't be nice long... But it is now. It's beautiful. But people, get a clue. Not everyone sleeps with pets. Personally, I think it's disgusting.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kimnmalcolm
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We always stay at BW or La Quinta because they allow dogs and we typically have our dogs with us. This hotel is right off the main highway on the west side of town, very easy to find. Check-in was easy and although we didn't use it the indoors pool looked very nice. The hotel was expensive though, $117/night with tax WITH the AAA discount! For those who don't know, there was a killer tornado that levelled the town in 2007 and was a terrible historical event, butit resulted in the hotel rebuilding and our room was absolutely beautiful. Super clean, updated, fancy. Very nice room! The breakfast was a little more than the average breakfast: biscuits and gravy, bacon, eggs, however it wasn't very appetizing. The worst part was the table we chose to sit at during breakfast was so wobbly it pitched my fiance's coffee across the room! Hey manager, get a clue dude! Overall, is say this was a great place to stay based on the cleanliness alone, and lack of other options.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Tjet
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Rooms clean good price and dog freindly they had nice continental breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lzbc11

Been to Best Western Plus Night Watchman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!