“Eco-Respite”

Best Western Plus Night Watchman Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Greensburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I never thought I would find a need to spend the night in Greensburg. My family doesn't live far away but a big family event brought me to the Night Watchman and I am so grateful!

Greensburg was almost completely demolished from an F5 tornado five years ago and they chose to rebuild 'green.' I love that decision and the determination of a town to not give up.

The rooms were lovely (there were several of us staying there) and welcoming. The pool was thoroughly enjoyed by my Dad and nephew. The front dining area was great - clean, fresh and well-stocked. I especially loved the eco-friendly bath gear - shampoo and conditioner, the soap and face wipes were wonderful!

While the staff wasn't outgoing, they were not rude and eager to assist me when I asked.

I would not hesitate to stay there again (and am, in fact, trying to figure out a good reason to do so).

To be fair, I have no idea what this room cost since my folks were staying there and left early so I took the room. Not a bad deal, huh?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Night Watchman Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel is amazing! The "green" aspect of it all was a very welcomed touch. This hotel pays attention to detail. The room was immaculate. The design of the room was exciting. The wind turbine outside our window was neat. We like our room cold and it was the coldest of all rooms on our vacation. Beds were really comfortable and pillows were just right. The only negative thing I could find was that the hotel allows dogs in every room. It's pretty pathetic when dogs come before humans... We searched all over Dodge City for a hotel that wasn't a "dog hotel"... And finally left the town because of it. When we saw this hotel, we knew they wouldnt allow animals in it... But they do. The only reason we stayed is because we were falling asleep at the wheel. Glad we stopped, though. With animals peeing and poopin on the floors, this hotel won't be nice long... But it is now. It's beautiful. But people, get a clue. Not everyone sleeps with pets. Personally, I think it's disgusting.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kimnmalcolm
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We always stay at BW or La Quinta because they allow dogs and we typically have our dogs with us. This hotel is right off the main highway on the west side of town, very easy to find. Check-in was easy and although we didn't use it the indoors pool looked very nice. The hotel was expensive though, $117/night with tax WITH the AAA discount! For those who don't know, there was a killer tornado that levelled the town in 2007 and was a terrible historical event, butit resulted in the hotel rebuilding and our room was absolutely beautiful. Super clean, updated, fancy. Very nice room! The breakfast was a little more than the average breakfast: biscuits and gravy, bacon, eggs, however it wasn't very appetizing. The worst part was the table we chose to sit at during breakfast was so wobbly it pitched my fiance's coffee across the room! Hey manager, get a clue dude! Overall, is say this was a great place to stay based on the cleanliness alone, and lack of other options.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Tjet
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Rooms clean good price and dog freindly they had nice continental breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lzbc11
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Our room was well designed, and I appreciated "green" touches like having both a waste basket and a recycling basket. I also liked having a comfy reading chair with an attached desk/tray in addition to a regular desk. The breakfast was very good, and slightly different on the two days we stayed there. I highly recommend allowing a couple hours to wander around the town, visit the new businesses, and talk to the residents. We are looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Here2there2012
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed here for two nights. Had several rooms reserved for a class reunion. They were very accomodating. Stayed in a suite which was very nice - comfortable bed, nice tv. The breakfast had a good variety of food. The shower in the bathroom was designed a little strange and lots of water got out on the floor so needed extra towels to put down. Overall it was a very pleasant stay and would go there again.

Room Tip: Make sure you have extra towels for the bathroom shower/floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank RetTravelers
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This was my half way stop on a trip from New Mexico to Iowa. The hotel is quite new. It is the best Best Western I have stayed in. The rooms are large, well appointed, and the beds are very comfortable. Perfect setup for a good nights rest. The hotel is also pet friendly. A plus as I travel with a small dog. The restaurant situation in Greensburg is very limited. I think there is only one sit down restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank RCIndy85

Been to Best Western Plus Night Watchman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!