“Nice place but rough around the edges”

Best Western Plus Night Watchman Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Greensburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Greensburg is a cool little town on the rise after a tornado. This hotel is a nice looking, clean hotel that's got some "green" elements (it's own wind turbine). However, there was some weird behavior from people hanging out in the parking lot: some kids (appeared to be high school age, but I am not sure) sitting in the back of the truck, drinking alcohol and listening to loud music. I was going to mention the issue to the woman at the front desk, but, alas, I did not because one of the girls from outside seemed to know the front desk clerk. It wasn't worth starting something, to be honest.

At around 10, when I came back from a walk down to the grocery store to get water and snacks for the next day, one of these kids was being aggressive towards me, in a joking, drunken manner, but pretty inappropriate in the hotel parking lot. At this point, they had been there for around 2 hours. The music was audible from my room, which was down the hall from the hotel entrance and on the other side of the building.

Should I have said something? Yes. Did I want to start a problem at 10 PM before a long travel day? No.

I can only review the hotel based on my one experience with it; perhaps the next evening, I'd give it a 5. But I can't be the only one who was annoyed with this behavior. And it wasn't like hotel employees couldn't see it. They should have taken care of it, whether they knew them or not.

Room Tip: Wind turbine is on east side of building but I doubt it's ever audible.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank leshii
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Night Watchman Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We too stopped at this hotel after a long day of driving. We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendly hotel clerk. The indoor pool and hot tub were really nice after a long day.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank myfav1
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I have stayed at this Best Western twice. It is rebuilt, as is most of the community, following a severe tornado that destroyed most of this town four years ago. It is intentionally constructed with 'green' technology, and has it's own wind generator that produces 40% of the electricity needed for the building. It has a pleasant, clean design...nice continental breakfast, friendly staff, nice indoor pool and spa. This is a must see if you are interesting in sustainable, earth friendly, next generation buidling and a community that intentionally is rebuilding after a disaster in an earth friendly, attractive manner.

Room Tip: Enroll in the Best Western Guest program. Reserve in advance.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LarTraveler
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My family & I were on quite a long road trip and needed one more hotel to stay in before we could make it home the next day. Out of nowhere this great looking hotel appeared! As soon as I entered the lobby I knew I wanted to stay! It was SO clean and comfortable, the pool and hot tub are great (the hot tub is huge), the staff was great! We were very ready to continue on our way home, but we all wished that we'd had that hotel every night of our trip.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2008

For the price of this property I would have expected the room to be at least clean. The room was very dirty and in need of some major renovation. I hope with the rebuilding of Greensburg this hotel chooses to refurbish and come up to speed with what is going on around them.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed July 9, 2004

The room could have used some improvement and smelled a little musty but the pool was GREAT. It was large, the water was warm and the pool area was nice. There was also a pool table.

1  Thank LynnetteB

Been to Best Western Plus Night Watchman Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!