“Headed in the right direction.”

Best Western Angus Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Great Bend
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I am in a wheelchair and stayed in this hotel with my two teen aged boys. We arrived late on the day of our stay and the lady behind the desk was very friendly and helpful. The handicap room was very spacious and clean! My boys liked the flat screen TV and the refrigerator where they could put their sodas and keep them cold.

There were a few things missing for the wheelchair bound traveler, which needs to be addressed. The restroom did not have a shower head on a hose, which is a necessity and the sink height was much too high. The microwave oven was sitting on the top self almost out of arms reach.

The first morning we were awoke by a barking dog in an adjoining room, which was annoying to say the least.

The boys swam in the pool, got to keep in touch with their facebook friends with the computer in the lobby, soaked in the hot tub, played in the play room and worked out some in the fitness room, and stated they had a great time.

Overall we all had a great stay here.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed April 5, 2010

We traveled to great bend for my oldest to compete in the state spelling bee. We have 5 young kids ages 12-2yrs. They set us up with adjoining rooms and a great big room that had an extra pull out sofa bed. It was like having a suite. Best of all the staff did all this w/out my having to ask at all, very considerate!! Plenty of room for all to sleep and hang out in the room comfortably. Soft comfy beds-even the sofa bed-and fluffy pillows. Perkins across the parking lot was great with terrific staff and reasonable prices. Close to shopping and other dining, including Applebee's down the street. the pool is large (a little dated, but kids really don't care) very clean, and there is a little game area. Perfect family destination-may go again for an affordable mini-vacation, since the little zoo is close by. The kids and my husband and I had a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jomie
Reviewed February 28, 2010

I stayed here on business as a) it had the best reviews, b) it had the best value/price, c) it was much, much more clean than the corporate apt I had been placed in and d) they let me have a preview of a room before I decided to confirm my reservation! The front desk staff and the manager were very attentive and are very receptive to needs of guests. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff was kind. The beds were comfy, the linens were modern and clean; plenty of towels, clean tub and tile, nice granite counter top in the shower, clean fridge and nice tv. I'm not sure if the inside of the microwave was spotless or was it my food - it was too high for me to actually see inside of it! The pool was clean and warm as was the nice hot tub. The huge game/family room with tv was in use all weekend by families having reunions and so forth. The laundry machines (washer and dryer - 2 each) were useful with coin change dispensers and coin change detergent and fabric softener machines, all were working well!!! The work out equipment was good, although I was too sick to use it during my stay there. My only complaint is that the pool was fully occupied by the other guests over the weekend, but hey, that's part of why we all were staying there. It's a fairly large property and I have to thank theym for having someone to shovel the sidewalks and the parking lot. The restaurants across the street had decent food and the "Page Bistro" was great for sports viewing and drinks at the bar, as well. The 10% discount made things sweeter! The AAA rate was a bargain as well!!! I didn't use the wi-fi, but did use the cable for the internet and had no trouble using my laptop via the connection. I have made it clear to my employer that I will be staying here the next time I have to return to this town and not in the nasty corporate apt!!! And, I forgot to mention, the location is just right for Great Bend activities.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2010

Rooms were dated, with a musky smell. For the area, it is your best bet. Best part of hotel was proximity to American Page, bar/grill next door which had good food.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2009

OK so this is Great Bend, Kansas but this Best Western is better than most and strives to please. There isn't a continental breakfast but coffee pots in the rooms are nice. My room also had a microwave, mini fridge, flat screen TV and high speed internet (not wireless but wired and wire is provided). Beds were comfy and room was nice and clean and I do like the real bathtubs. No elevators and I had to lug two big bags up a flight of stairs as I had a second floor room. There is a nice swimming pool and workout area along with some out of date video games. The lobby is warm and inviting and the people are friendly. Your room key allows you a discount next door at Perkins. All in all a nice visit and it exceeded my expectation for a Best Western in GB, KS.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank rockchalktraveler
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Stayed one night at the Great Bend Best Western Angus Inn. The lady who checked us in, seemed a little crabby, but otherwise, can't complain about the staff. We had a 2nd floor room, facing the pool. There is no elevator but our room was large and comfortable.
Another thing we viewed as a plus, was a dorm sized refrigerator which had a separate door for the freezer compartment and a separate door for the refrigerator compartment.
Never have seen one set up like this before. Room comes equipped with coffee pot, iron, blow dryer, microwave oven.
This motel is next door to a Perkins and one other restaurant, both of which offer 10% discount on your bill, if you show your hotel key card. We ate both our breakfast and supper at this restaurant. For those of you who like the breakfast buffet served at the hotel, this hotel does not offer one. But the price of the room ($76) for a king sized bed, made up for the lack of the breakfast buffet.
One thing I noticed was the lack of a bar of soap in the sink area. Usually most motels have one bar of soap (usually a facial soap) in the sink area and another type (bath type) in the tub area. But the room did offer a small bottle of lotion, a small bottle of shampoo and conditioner.
I would highly recommend this hotel. It is clean and neat and well kept up.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank czech7985
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Clean. Fair Priced. should be able to write more!! would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
#1 of 3 in Larned
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 8 in Great Bend

Been to Best Western Angus Inn? Share your experiences!