“Great indoor courtyard with games”

Best Western Angus Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Great Bend
Houston, Texas
“Great indoor courtyard with games”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have stayed here the past 2 years for our Thanksgiving get together. We had 3 rooms, and all were comfortable. We especially like the rooms that open into the indoor courtyard. The game area with pool table and arcade games for the kids is a wonderful idea (you can bring quarters, or they have a bill changer). The ping pong table was a HUGE hit with the adults (get the paddles from front office). Lots of tables for playing games, eating or just hanging around and visiting. No breakfast buffet, but there Perkins restaurant next door that you get a discount for through the hotel (slow service at Perkins, but food was fine). There is a heated indoor pool, you might want to bring goggles, lots of chlorine when we were there. Comfortable beds and clean room, mini fridge & microwave in rooms, washers and dryers on site...nice stay again for us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
lbryan, General Manager at Best Western Angus Inn, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for being such loyal guests. We are happy that you enjoy your stay with us. We also appreciate you sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor.com. Our indoor courtyard is a very popular place, especially on holidays, It is the perfect spot for family get togethers, as well as reunions, birthdays, anniversaries, and lots of other functions. We look forward to seeing you again! Sincerely, Lacey Schofield, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Don't go here unless you absolutely have to or you are a hunter. There is not much to choose from in the town,however, they could make it much better. Poor management and staff doesn't care. Our room had hair in the bed and tub. We also had spiders in the bathroom. Hunters are up at 5 am, very noisy. There is no breakfast that I am aware of. The pool is ok.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Phyllis K
lbryan, General Manager at Best Western Angus Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for your feed back regarding your stay at our property. I am very sorry you came away with the opinion that my staff and myself "don't care" because that is very far from true. I read on your other review of our hotel that went directly to Best Western that you did not report the problem of having hair in your tub and bed and spiders to anyone, except on your reviews after your departed. I wish that you would have let us know as soon as you checked in. We would have sent someone down right away to take care of any issues at that very moment. As far as breakfast goes, we have 2 full service restaurants, one being open for all 3 meals, and the other for lunch & dinner. We offer a 10% discount at both of the restaurants to all our guests or you are welcome to purchase the Breakfast Inclusive package online in which breakfast is included in your rate. We do care, very much, and want all of our guests to have an enjoyable and comfortable stay. As far as the noisy hunters go, it is hunting season. There are hunters in the area and they come to visit us every year. They enjoy the hotel and Great Bend. I am sorry if they were noisy.
I take great pride in being the #1 hotel in Great Bend on Tripadvisor. We do our very best to maintain that ranking. I am very sorry that our hotel and the city of Great Bend did not exceed your expectations. I hope that you will try us again. Please feel free to ask any of my staff members about the wonderful things to do in our area. We think with a little more guidance and education about us you will enjoy your next visit a whole lot more!
Sincerely, Lacey Schofield, General Manager
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Service, quality of the updated accommodations, value and above all the staff and General Manager, Lacey Bryan, were superb! Central location with plenty of parking. Having 10% off at restaurants Perkins and The Chase was a nice bonus. I wish I could have met the owner to shake his hand and thank him.

Stayed November 2013
lbryan, General Manager at Best Western Angus Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Patrick & Family,

It was a joy and a pleasure to meet you all and to have you stay with us. We enjoyed it very much. We look forward to seeing you next year. It is guests like you and your family that make my job and my staff's jobs worth while. Thank you for all the feedback. I will pass it along to my employees. Have a blessed holiday season.

Thanks, again,
Lacey Schofield
Kansas
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stopped at a comfort inn but their price for a plain room was very high. Drove down the street and saw this best western. It was very inviting, clean, extremely helpful employees, reasonably priced and room was very comfortable. Will be staying with best western more now.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Effingham
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed one night on a vacation, came in about 9pm and left the next morning. The room was spacious and very clean, the lavatory area was a nice size, as was the clothes hanging area, the work desk was reasonable size with a convenient plug-in in the lamp. The internet connection was reliable both night and morning. The heat was easy to regulate so I was comfortable. The style of the motel is older with a many of the rooms opening to the outside. That is fine with me as I've come to prefer that style to the contemporary one of interior halls and limited entrances from the outside.

The location was convenient. I like the Perkins sharing a parking lot and being open until 10pm with full meals. Applebees and Walmart are nearby. Diagonally across the street is a Kansas Travel Information Center which was helpful to me. A few blocks east is a car wash a friendly lady at the desk told me about and I used.

By the time I checked in the limited amount of parking on my side was filled so I parked in the lot near the entrance shared with the Perkins. In the morning enough people had left that I moved the vehicle to a spot close to the stairway.

I think the value was good at $77.90 for the night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Billhgc
Avalon, New Jersey
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Rooms at this motel do not have windows facing outside. There are sliding glass doors to the indoor pool/patio area. If children staying at the motel are left to run wild in the patio area, their noise echos. Plus they do not offer breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

lbryan, General Manager at Best Western Angus Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I would like to make a few corrections on your description of our property. We actually have a large number of rooms with exterior windows. We have a total of 90 rooms at our property and only about 34 of them don't have exterior windows, which are our courtyard rooms that have the sliding glass door which open up to that area. We have king bedded rooms, double doubles, and double queens that all have exterior windows. Next time you make a reservation at our hotel, just let us know your preference and we will be happy to accomodate. Also, we have 2 full service restaurants at our property. One open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, the other for lunch and dinner and also has a lounge. We do not offer free breakfast, but we do offer a 10% discount at both of our restaurants for any meal. So just to clarify, we do have breakfast available, but it is not free.
We hope that you choose to stay with us again so we will be better able to accommodate your needs. We always try to do so for all our guests, so please let us know your preferences so we can take good care of you. Thanks for staying with us.
Lacey Schofield, General Manager
Placentia, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A great place to stay while visiting my daughter in College. Very clean, safe and centrally located with great amenities and the staff was very helpful with all our needs. We look forward to our next visit in the spring.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

#1 of 3 in Larned
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 8 in Great Bend

Been to Best Western Angus Inn? Share your experiences!