“Easily the best in town!”

Best Western Angus Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Great Bend
New York City, New York
“Easily the best in town!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Recently stayed...May, 2013...here for a couple of weeks on business. Although a bit pricey, well worth it. The rooms were spacious and well-kept, the location was excellent, with half a dozen restaurants within walking distance, and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, even when I had a problem with my debit card. The place has all the comforts of home, including an indoor pool. Far better than most Best Westerns I have encountered recently... they should give lessons to some of the others!

Room Tip: Try to book ahead for a smoking room...only a few available.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
lbryan, General Manager at Best Western Angus Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We know it is hard to be away from your home but we try our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible and always try to make our guests feel like they are at their 2nd home. We hope you have the chance to come stay with us again. Sincerely, Lacey Schofield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

When I travel I always stay at a Best Western. They are always clean, good services and predictable. I know that when I book a Best Western that I will find good staff, a clean, comfortable room and amenities that are perfect for a road weary traveler.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We recently attended a wedding in GB, and stayed two nights at the Angus Inn. I try and review all things based location and situation (I give no excuses for poor service regardless of location). For a small western Ks. town with seemingly little tourist attractions or large city business I felt this hotel was a great value. Our room was very clean, seemingly updated, and I had no gripes from the room itself. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and while walking through the open reunion/banquet area, my wife and I discussed how "clean" the hotel smelled. Ours was a nice experience, and I would recommend to all. We did not use the pool or hot tub, the washing machines or games, but all seemed available and in working order. There is a Perkins restaurant next door where we had breakfast, and while our waiter was on his first or second shift EVER, the food was way beyond my expectation...just FYI.

I've stayed at 5 stars in the major cities, and I've spent a few restless nights in flea traps in Louisiana and a host of places in between, this was a nice and clean hotel in Western Ks.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We have stayed here several times on visits to Great Bend. It has always been clean and well taken care of. The front desk folks are very friendly and willing to do whatever is needed to make a stay pleasurable. There is a swimming pool and hot tub, both of which we used. There is a small workout room with 2 treadmills, a stepper, and weight machine all in working order but not of the highest quality.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the back side away from the highway
Welda, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Most of the other hotels around Great Bend are dirty and uncomfortable. Best Western was nice and clean, the pool was inside and air conditioned. That was nice. We will definitely stay here again.

White Lake, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Overall stay was good. Pool was clean and the rooms were too. Close to restaurants and shopping. Like having the refrigerator and microwave in the room. The restaurants provided us with a discount for staying in the hotel. Staff provided us with extra towels to use for the pool. Our rooms was close to the pool which made it nice.

Gardner, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Room was good until rain came in the AC unit and the pool being rented out for party and not for guest use only. No continental breakfast and no discount for the one across the parking lot. Room size booked was not available at check in but another guest switched rooms due to he was alone and we were a family of five.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

lbryan, General Manager at Best Western Angus Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I will answer this review the same way I answered your other review that you provided us on bwfeedback.com. I would also late to note that you emailed me back and apologized for jumping to conclusions about our hotel policies, so I appreciate that. The night you stayed with us you had a reservation in a king with a sofa sleeper because when you made your reservation 2 days prior to your arrival, that was the only room type we had left. The night that you stayed, the city of Great Bend had several inches of rain in a matter of a few short hours. Yes, you had some rain come in the AC, but honestly, we were relieved that was all that happened compared to some of our neighbors damage in the area. Also, as I notated in my other response to you, we do offer a 10% discount for any meal eaten at either of our restaurants while you are a guest with us. All you have to do is show your room key. The discount is advertised on the back of the key. As far as the business of the courtyard goes, we were the host hotel for 2 family reunions, plus all the other guests we had in house. Our hotel guests were enjoying our indoor facilities, no one else. I am sorry you did not have the area to yourself, but if you are wanting it to be less busy, then you will have to stay with us on a night other than a weekend when we are full.
I have already given you a $50 discount on your credit card and I already sent you a personal email apologizing that we did not exceed your expectations, but I am sure you can see from the other reviews, we have a clean, comfortable property that is very popular. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay, and I have tried my best to make that up to you.
Sincerely, Lacey Schofield, General Manager
#1 of 3 in Larned
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 8 in Great Bend

Been to Best Western Angus Inn? Share your experiences!