“wow” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Great Bend
Norfolk, Virginia
“wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

I saw the sign for a 35 dollars a night and didnt have high hopes but figured what the he##. Guy at the front desk was very nice and the room is perfect. Will definately stay again and HIGHLY RECOMEND!!! Im ever thinking about staying another night. Everything i want to see is easily withing driving distance

2 Thank Clifton A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

One person, one bed room is a good value. Small but, as others have stated, well
equipped. Bathroom appears to be newly renovated. Clean. I go through Great Bend
a few times a year. Other lodging that I have stayed at is now priced higher than what
they are worth. I will keep this property on my travel list. I would suggest that they add
a shampoo bottle and put a lamp check on the housekeeping list.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rt66tbird
Sherman, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

The rooms were nice and clean. They are fairly large rooms for an inexpensive motel. The office staff was very nice! I stayed there two different weekends while visiting my ill mom and again for her funeral. Everything went very smooth and they are pet friendly too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Susan D
Luganville, Vanuatu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We called to see about making a reservation, but we declined to give our credit card info over the phone. They suggested we make a reservation on their website, but it was not secure so we did not do that either. When we got there, we found that they reserved a room for us even without our credit card info. We were pleased with that, and very pleased with the room. It was small but very clean and everything had been refurbished or replaced recently and was in good working order. Overall, it was a good value even though they do not provide breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a room on the west side if you want to be away from the so-called "gentlemen's club.&qu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank SouthSeasAmerican
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

The room was quite nice for the price I paid ($45). It had a large, flat screen TV. There was also a DVD player, microwave, and refrigerator. The bathroom was clean and had a good sized tub. The only problem I had with the place was the lady working in the office. When I walked in the door she immediately asked me how old I was. Then she demanded to see my ID. She also warned me that if any other people stayed in my room she would charge me an extra $100 dollars. I guess they don't get many single men at that motel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room towards the rear of the motel as it is further from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank hillbillyholler89
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

A great little place with a standard of service and cleanliness way above what I would have expected from a motel in this price range of 42 dollars inc tax.
All the staff from the manageress at check in to the cleaning staff were helpful and friendly. The room was immaculate. They don't have the "free breakfast" that many other places have but in my opinion that is often just a ruse to jack the price up on the strength of a bowl of mouldy cornflakes( not mentioning any names "Days Inn"Cairo Illinois. Oops I said it!)

The location is not too bad either.About a mile from downtown, plenty of eating places shops( inc Wal Mart) and bars nearby. Even a Lap Dancing club if that's your thing. And don't be put off as it doesn't lower the tone, and there was no excessive noise or disturbance.

All in all, an excellent establishment which I can't praise enough. I am not surprised that it is nearly always fully booked.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank gerry911
Union, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

We found the room priced right, clean, comfortable and well equipped. It is conveniently located close to good restaurants

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
#3 of 8 in Great Bend
Townsman Inn Larned
Townsman Inn Larned
#3 of 3 in Larned

Been to Travelers Budget Inn? Share your experiences!