My mom and I were on a road trip from VA to OR/CA and back again. Each night we had to look for a pet-friendly room for us and her 2 dogs. We also needed either a well ventilated smoking room, or one that had a balcony/patio for my mom to use to smoke. We first looked at the Best Western, but felt the rooms seemed a little dark, so we kept looking. Across the highway, we ended up checking into the Holiday Inn Express. At first we were very excited when we saw the room. It was much sunnier than the BW and had nice upgraded bedding for this price range (something we didn't find too often in pet-friendly rooms on this trip).
Having grown up w/ my parents smoking, and being a social smoking adult from time to time myself, I can usually handle sharing a smoking room with mom, as long as the windows open and there is a good exhaust fan in the room or bathroom. However, we soon discovered a few things that made the experience of sharing a smoking room far less tolerable. We were told at check-in that the window opens, however it turned out to only open about 2 inches. The room also smelled of that horrible perfume stuff some hotels use to "try" to cover up smoking and pet odors. It was far nastier & nauseating to smell than any smoking/pet room we staying in over the 3 weeks were were on the road. There appeared to be an exhaust system in the bathroom, however it didn't work. When I called the front desk she claimed it wasn't broke, that the bathrooms just didn't have exhaust fans and that we were in the last pet-friendly room they had for the night. So, moving was not an option.
I quickly wished we could trade our perfumed room w/out ventilation for the dark room at the Best Western. Live and learn to thoroughly check over a room before saying you'll take it. In fairness, if I didn't need a smoking room, I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Goodland, Kansas Conveniently located off of Interstate 70 and just east of the Colorado border, our Goodland, KS hotel is the perfect place to stay as you explore Goodland. Leisure travelers lodging at our Goodland, Kansas hotel will enjoy a comfortable stay while they experience all that the city has to offer. Those interested in history will love the nearby High Plains Museum and Kidder Massacre Site, while art lovers will enjoy the giant reproduction Van Gogh painting of sunflowers and the Carnegie Arts Center. Excellent fishing and hunting opportunities can be found just minutes away, as can the Sugar Hills Golf Club. Conveniently located near the National Weather Service, the Goodland Regional Medical Center and many local schools and businesses, our hotel in Goodland, Kansas is perfect for business travelers who plan to attend meetings in the area. Both our meeting room and the 24-hour Business Center are available to help you host events, as well. During your stay at our pet friendly Goodland, Kansas hotel, be sure to enjoy a swim in the indoor pool and whirlpool, surf the web with free high-speed Internet access or workout in our Fitness Center. You can eat well every morning at the free hot breakfast bar featuring our signature cinnamon rolls, as well as other breakfast options. Check out our great Goodland, Kansas hotel deals and rates, and book your stay with us today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goodland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Goodland
- Holiday Inn Goodland
- Goodland Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Goodland