“Will sleep in a tent first!”
Review of Super 8 Gardner

Super 8 Gardner
Super 8 Gardner
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gardner
Carroll
“Will sleep in a tent first!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Upon entering the building I was hit with the smell of an old bar; stale smoke and body odor. The property is older so I didn't expect the ritz-Carlton by any means but I did expect proper up keep and cleanliness. Neither expectation was upheld. In the bedroom I was horrified. I refused to take my shoes off because the carpet was stained and sticky. There was some type of bodily fluid looking substance stained on the blanket. The corners of the room showed how unclean the room really was. Like I said, for the cost I didn't have huge expectations, but I think cleanliness is just common sense. Will not stay ever again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Elgin, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

clean and comfortable, staff was friendly, and rate was good. Hotel was very close to my delivery so it worked out very well. Not much over sized vehicle parking. would stay again if the area. my only issue was i forgot my toothbrush at home and staff told me they had them for purchase in vending machine, but they did not offer a freebie

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jewell, Iowa
Reviewed June 17, 2013

While waiting in line to check-in, a dachshund was on a leash with its owner. I watched as it urinated on the carpet and heard the owner scold it, but do nothing about cleaning it up. When I shared the information with the desk clerk, I was told "Its just a water spill." A "water spill" stain that was still there the next day because no one bothered to clean it up. :(

I reserved my room from the Super 8 website and selected advance purchase. However when I arrived at the hotel I was told that "advance purchase is not really advance purchase so that we can offer refunds" and that my credit card would now be charged. So, apparently, you CAN use the advance purchase AND still get a refund. Here are the EXACT words sent to me by email from the general manager "We have just really had problems with the Advance Reservations, cancelling and wanting their money back and it takes up to 15 days , for the refund to get back to them, that I just usually don't charge the advance credit card payment. "

I expressed my dissatisfaction to both the franchise and corporate that when I reserved advance purchase I assume it is advance purchase. Nothing was offered regarding my dissatisfaction except "I'm sorry."

I think they need a competing hotel in town.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Gardner hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gardner
Best Western Plus Olathe Hotel
#13 of 14 in Olathe
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#11 of 14 in Olathe

Been to Super 8 Gardner? Share your experiences!