“Very nice hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Garden City
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Garden City
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I had a great experience at the Holiday Inn Express in Garden City, Kansas. The check in process was very efficient and the room was incredibly clean and very comfortable. I slept better at this hotel than any other I've stayed in. The staff was very polite and the breakfast was very tasty. The fitness room was decent also. I look forward to staying at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Garden City

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights while on business in Garden City. While I agree with some of the other reviews that is was clean and the room was nice. There were dogs everywhere. I guess they allow pets, and while I was there I encountered 4 dogs, and at times some where not on a leash. Twice I went to get on the elevator and there was a dog, not leashed, along with their owner. On the first evening there was a power outage in the city for about an hour and most people went down to the lobby where there was a breeze. Again, there were the dogs - I thought I was at the Humane Society. While I have nothing against pets -- I do not want to have to deal with them when I am staying at a hotel. I am dressed for a business meeting and the last thing I want is to have my dress pants covered with dog hair. So my recommendation is to find something else in Garden City -- unless you really want to go to the dogs.

Room Tip: I marked it down for cleanliness because of all of the dogs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Craig M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear Craig M,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with your stay. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 3, 2012

One night stay while travelling from South to North of the States and a great stay. After a mix up with room request, we were given an upgrade and what a great room. Very clean and neat and the staff were friendly and very accommodating. Travelling with our small dog and this was an excellent place to overnight.
Breakfast was good and as it comes as part of the package, it was value for money. Would certainly recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable and clean room to stay while travelling.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This is a standard HI Express location. Everything is nice but a little expensive. I stay here when I'm in Garden City because the Lone Star Steakhouse is practically next door.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank TheTimMan
Reviewed September 16, 2011

This is a very nice place. We had the King suite. Large and clean. Staff friendly and breakfast hot and hearty with biscuits and gravy, eggs as well as cereal etc. Also notable mention, we had left an iPhone in the room and they held onto it for us till we came back through a week later.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed July 8, 2011

One night stop in Garden City, clean, friendly, comfortable. Don't bother with a restaurant called Jack's Bar and Grill. Service was poor and food wasn't any better. There were many hotels and restaurants at this location to chose from.

Room Tip: clean room, great beds
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2011

What an unbelievable place to stay! I travel to Garden City four times a year for business and occasionally to visit family in the area. No matter the visit the staff always goes out of their way to make sure my needs are met. The gentleman at the front desk always welcomes me back to the hotel. It is like he remembers me from visit to visit.

The rooms are always clean and the pool is very nice. The lobby has a large area for families to gather so that they may visit outside of their rooms. I have always felt safe and secure at this hotel. The rooms are so nice and spacious. On my last visit I had a couch and sitting area and a half wall that divided the bedroom area of the room.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business