“Good food, slow service”

Pho Hoa One Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in Garden City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've eaten here quite a few times, whenever I am in town. I'm accustomed to my Vietnamense restaurant in Kansas City. You order some pho and it's on the table in 10 minutes or less. So, having to wait 45 minutes for pho at Pho Hoa is really a challenge. I've only been there once when the food came in 15 minutes or so. Otherwise, expect a minimum 45 minute wait.

The food is very good, though. The beef pho...yummy. The spring rolls, yummy. The jasmine iced tea is also good.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

The best Vietnamese food I have ever had, but plan on being at the restaurant for at least an hour. They always seem to be under-staffed and the kitchen is quite small.

1  Thank Katelyn B
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Very slow so you must have time. However, worth the wait. Food is great, but pricey for the area. We enjoy it every time we eat here.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Okay, if you are reading this review, it is because you want to have a bowl of PHO and some fresh spring rolls (fried or not). The second reason is because you are NOT on the west or east coast, but the land of oz. In addition, you are in Garden City KS. So your prays have been answered, you can go to Pho Hoa One. Pho is a dish that every mother makes, but each has a small difference. The Pho here may not be just like you have become used too, but you must remember, you are in Kansas.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was out traveling the western part of Kansas and saw that Garden City was on the route. I was referred to Pho Hoa 1 from a family member who lives in Dodge City. She stated that it was the BEST pho restaurant in Garden City. Well, it’s the ONLY pho restaurant in Garden City! LOL! =) =)

I had been on the road for almost 12 hours so I was hungry for a full meal. I inquired about this restaurant from a fellow friend of mine who grew up in Garden City, but it had been a while ever since she had eaten here and through her experience the food was delicious and the service was so-so. I was served and seated upon entrance. I started out with some fresh spring rolls for an appetizer. The sauce that was served with it was suited just right for my taste buds. It was hoisin sauce with a sprinkle of some crushed peanuts. Too much peanuts and the taste will be peanut-y.

I could tell the spring rolls were fresh by the taste and feel. I spent a lot of time preparing food in the family restaurant back in my teen years and often times if we had spring rolls left over we’d refrigerate them and eat them at a later for our own purposes. Fresh food was ALWAYS made for customers. The spring rolls that I ordered were definitely fresh. For my main course, I had the Bun Thit Nuong. I’m not sure how to pronounce this because I am not Vietnamese. I’ve included a picture of the meals that I ate so you can get an idea. The Bun Thit Nuong looked like it was a vermicelli noodle dish with some sliced egg rolls, vegetables and a side of sauce. I wanted to break away from the traditional pho and try something different. Every time I eat at a Pho restaurant I usually order Pho.

The sauce served with the Bun Thit Nuong was a little bland. I would’ve preferred it be just a tad bit more sweet, but all in all I enjoyed the meal and service. It was definitely great to have a full meal at a great price before getting back on the road and heading to my next destination. If you’re looking for Vietnamese cuisine in Garden City, then Pho Hoa 1 is the place!