“Everything ya need”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Garden City
Reviewed July 29, 2013

It's pretty basic. Close to the highway. Near some decent restaurants. Pretty plain and simple. Quiet. Friendly staff. I'd recommend the top floor (third). They have a little hotel bar that's open until 10, I think. Some sausage patties, OJ, rolls and cereal until 9 a.m.

Room Tip: Like almost any hotel, top floor. Half face the parking lot, the others face the side of Staples st...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We've stayed here before and always enjoy our stay. Rooms were clean, staff is friendly. The kids love the pool. Will stay here again, I'm sure. It's right off the highway, but very quiet. Good breakfast choices.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Debbies701
Cherie N, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review. All of my staff work very hard to make sure that you have an enjoyable stay. See you next trip!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Staff was friendly, room was quiet and very clean. Access on and off the highway was very easy.
Rooms do not have large bath towels. My guess is people steal them. Other than that, we enjoyed both the indoor and the outdoor seating areas. The Breakfast was ample but they ran out of regular coffee due to full house. Would recommend staying here instead of Dodge City any day.

Room Tip: Next o the very quiet elevator. No noise of slamming doors in the hallway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cherie N, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice review. Sorry about the coffee. Not sure what happened since we have the liquid coffee machines now, but it may have been a training issue and we will follow up. Thanks again for the review.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here on a business trip. It was nice and quiet. The pool was kind of small and the hot tub area was actually inside the pool which I found slightly odd. The outdoor patio off the pool area is also VERY small. I LOVED the chocolates they set out on the table in the lobby for the guests. The business area in the hotel consisted of a desk in the lobby with a computer- nothing outstanding. The evening snacks were a nice idea but nothing I liked (ham salad, chicken salad, and spicy nachos (as in chips and a melted cheese mixed with peppers) 3 other nights in a row) would have rather had the typical cookies and lemonade I have had elsewhere. I also found the breakfast lacking but adequate to keep me tied over till I had something real to eat. The drive to pull into the hotel is very poorly laid out and located. It became congested with parked vehicles and trailers often which allowed little to no visibility to pull in or out of the hotel. There was no soap in the room when we got there either. The room was nice though with a good minifridge (no freezer area in it) and microwave. The room coffee maker was dirty and on the toilet when we got there.

Room Tip: If using the fridge remember to turn it on first thing when you get there. Housekeeping turns them...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Cherie N, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are truly sorry that we did not exceed your expectations and I wish you would have come to see me with the issues you had. Hopefully you will stay with us in the future and we can chat about your stay then.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is great! Must be a newer hotel, and things in the room and the building are so nice and clean. There is a wine bar and a daily evening snack for guests. The front desk girl was super polite. Pet friendly and clean enough to walk on the room floor barefoot.... That I think says alot!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for the excellent review! We take great pride in our small hotel in the middle of no where in Southwest Kansas and are pleased that you liked it as well. Have a great year and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was here a couple of months ago and everything was "eh"... This time, much better. With that said though, I found a dirty sock in my room. I bagged it and brought it to the front desk. Antoinette was offended on my behalf and told me none of her customers were staying in a dirty room. She moved me to another room and it was ver nice. I appreciated her customer service. Everyone there was super friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 25 are by the elevator. Rooms ending in 14 are smaller due to a mechanical room atta...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ideckard
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a very clean facility. Our room was very comfortable. The entire staff was very polite and helpful. They use real silverware, plates and cups. Breakfast included cheese omelets. I left my pillow and called them a few hours after we left. When we went back 5 days later, they had my pillow in a plastic bag ready for me. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family