“nice quiet place”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Garden City
Muncie, Indiana
“nice quiet place”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here on a business trip. It was nice and quiet. The pool was kind of small and the hot tub area was actually inside the pool which I found slightly odd. The outdoor patio off the pool area is also VERY small. I LOVED the chocolates they set out on the table in the lobby for the guests. The business area in the hotel consisted of a desk in the lobby with a computer- nothing outstanding. The evening snacks were a nice idea but nothing I liked (ham salad, chicken salad, and spicy nachos (as in chips and a melted cheese mixed with peppers) 3 other nights in a row) would have rather had the typical cookies and lemonade I have had elsewhere. I also found the breakfast lacking but adequate to keep me tied over till I had something real to eat. The drive to pull into the hotel is very poorly laid out and located. It became congested with parked vehicles and trailers often which allowed little to no visibility to pull in or out of the hotel. There was no soap in the room when we got there either. The room was nice though with a good minifridge (no freezer area in it) and microwave. The room coffee maker was dirty and on the toilet when we got there.

Room Tip: If using the fridge remember to turn it on first thing when you get there. Housekeeping turns them...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Cherie N, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are truly sorry that we did not exceed your expectations and I wish you would have come to see me with the issues you had. Hopefully you will stay with us in the future and we can chat about your stay then.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is great! Must be a newer hotel, and things in the room and the building are so nice and clean. There is a wine bar and a daily evening snack for guests. The front desk girl was super polite. Pet friendly and clean enough to walk on the room floor barefoot.... That I think says alot!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for the excellent review! We take great pride in our small hotel in the middle of no where in Southwest Kansas and are pleased that you liked it as well. Have a great year and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Wichita, KS
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was here a couple of months ago and everything was "eh"... This time, much better. With that said though, I found a dirty sock in my room. I bagged it and brought it to the front desk. Antoinette was offended on my behalf and told me none of her customers were staying in a dirty room. She moved me to another room and it was ver nice. I appreciated her customer service. Everyone there was super friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 25 are by the elevator. Rooms ending in 14 are smaller due to a mechanical room atta...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ideckard
Sarcoxie, Missouri
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a very clean facility. Our room was very comfortable. The entire staff was very polite and helpful. They use real silverware, plates and cups. Breakfast included cheese omelets. I left my pillow and called them a few hours after we left. When we went back 5 days later, they had my pillow in a plastic bag ready for me. We will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rita W
Mondamin, Iowa
Reviewed September 30, 2012

These folks put the care in customer service. It is great to see a place that reinvests the profit back into the property & people. Good people don't just happen - just as a good breakfast room doesn't just happen - It's planning - executing - on going training. This is the place to stay in Garden -- but call ahead as they are a full house most nights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank John H
Wichita, KS
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a fairly new hotel and right off the main highway. The location is good and easy to get in and out of (unless turning left out of the parking lot). OK, so Garden City smells due to the local meat industry. The hotel can't do anything about that but they can affect how my room smelled. It's was a musty odor that wasn't coming from the air conditioner. I would suggest they shampoo the carpets and wipe the walls to help. Other than that, the room was OK. I guess for Garden City, it's not a bad option.

The front counter staff was nice and check-in/check-out was easy and efficient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I travel to GC to see family (yes I have tried to get them to move) and have stayed elsewhere in town. I whad a few trepidations at first but the experience was ok. First dislikes, the A/C was set very warm when I arrived and it was 100+ outside so it took a while to cool off, the fridge was turned off so that also took a long time to cool off. Traveling with family we had two rooms booked and my second of two visits in the same week one of the rooms had someone in it when we opened the door. He was a nice old man and all but I hadn’t planned on making new friends. The gent at the front desk was apologetic and “upgraded” me, I’m not sure how much of an upgrade it was considering the kids now had to sleep on a pull out sofa bed instead of the second queen bed I booked. Also, for me, the coffee sucked. Yes it is nice to have it available but it is some sort of concentrate not actual brewed coffee. Never did visit the pool but it looked nice and all. I did like the evening bar situation. My wife stayed upstairs and let me run off after the 10 hour drive so I sat down in the lobby and enjoyed a couple $2 beers, yes $2! The breakfast was there, nothing to say either way, not bad but nothing nobody else doesn’t do. Also I’m not 100% sure on this but I think the hotel had someone in the lot washing all the car windows, if so thanks. Bottom line I will consider using the hotel again but that’s only as long as the price stays lower than the one on the other side of the highway.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family