“Great Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Garden City
Missouri
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

i stay in hotels 50+ nights a year and this is one of the best i have stayed in, clean, great rooms, they had free snacks in the breakfast area in the evening (this night it was fresh homemade chicken salad sandwhiches but at other choice hotels i have had pizza and beer)

it was a little on the pricey side at $100 with the high city tourism bed tax but it was worth it, very nice hotel and i will stay here again and would recommand it to anyone.

Room Tip: make sure to ask what the evening snack is
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kipling. SK
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This Comfort Inn is located just off the bypass on the East of Garden City. This hotel style property had an exercise room, pool, sauna, hot breakfast, and elevator.We were impressed with a few things, considered extras by some. 24 hr coffee, soup in the evening, and actual glassware for beverages in the room. What struck me the most was the little rubber duck nestled on the rail of the bathtub. Though we did not have kids with us, it was nonetheless priceless. The only nearby places to eat were across the street, namely an Ihop.Any better choices was a long drive to the West. The only thing I did not like was the difficult access on to the property.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed February 8, 2012

This Comfort Inn is nicely located just off Highway 50, although getting there requires getting on the frontage road a little before you actually come upon the property. If you have a GPS, follow its instructions and you'll be fine. The inn is clean and well-kept, but what really makes it a gem is the front desk staff. The first room I was given was not made up, which can happen sometimes, so my general measure of quality is how situations like that are handled. I was put in an upgraded room for the same rate and asked to call the desk as soon as I got in the room so they could make sure it was okay. (It actually was missing the comforter on the bed, but I didn't tumble to that until the next morning.)

So why not 5 stars? First of all, I'm a pretty hard grader. So the property gets 4 stars for a few little things. One is that the refrigerator in the room is turned off when a guest arrives. I'm sure that's done to save electricity, but it means putting your cold food and drink into a warm fridge. Second, the refrigerator does not have a freezer - if you travel with a cooler and Blue Ice, that means you can't refreeze your Blue Ice overnight. Third, although the front desk manager responded wonderfully well to the room snafu, the fact that the first room wasn't cleaned and the second was missing a comforter speaks to better quality control being required of the housekeeping department. And lastly, not the hotel's fault at all, but still a slight detriment, is the lack of a good restaurant selection within walking distance.

All in all, however, I would recommend this property and would stay there again myself.

Room Tip: I always ask for a top floor room away from the elevator for the privacy and the quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
nm
Reviewed January 9, 2012

we went to Ks on a trip to buy a racecar, we did not get room ahead of time ,not knowing how long we could drive , saw the comfort inn and knew that some of the reviews on this motel not wonderful , minors things but we stop, could not ask for more nicer staff , great CLEAN rooms , breakfast bar was ok , it was fresh ,on sunday we got up late because of the travling weather , the girl on the morning shift ask us if we need her to get more food , we said no we could make do,, the nite shift lady was very friendly and great attuide .. thank u Comfort inn for a great nite sleep in a clean place

Room Tip: our room was good
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dighton, Kansas
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed on a Monday November 14th for one night before and early flight. We did not do an advance booking. It took a few minutes before someone came out of the back room but the woman behind the counter was very friendly and it took only about 5 minutes to pay and get our key. We were offered soup and crackers in their snack room which I thought was wonderful as it was a freezing night. The room was very clean. My only problem was when the alarm went off at midnight. I would definitely stay here again....I might check the alarm clock next time though.

Room Tip: Even though we were on the north side and there wasn't allot of noise if you need a very quiet r...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Aurora CO
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed here on the way to our destination and again on our return. Both times we had a great check-in experience with Carlos Guardiola, who greeted us with welcoming smile. Nicely decorated room. The room was very clean and we had a microwave and fridge. Little rubber ducky in the bathroom wa a cute idea -- we loved it. That gave us a big smile after a long drive. There are refreshments in the evening and some beverages available for purchase. The first night was a hamburger and potato casseole (yummy). On our next night there they ran out of hot dogs and potato salad, but they had a "back-up" of ham salad sandwiches, which were also very good. Breakfast was biscuits w/sausage gravy, hardboiled eggs, waffles, egg patties and the usual breads and cereals. Breakfast room attendant was very cheery and helpful. All of the staff were very friendly. This is a pet friendly lodging. Grassy area for your pet. This Comfort Inn recycles! Tables and benches outside to enjoy. We'd definitely stay here again. There was some road noise, but I think every lodging in the area had that.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Odenton, Maryland
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We were put up at this hotel by a local business we were visiting. The hotel is really nice with amenities of a fine hotel like a Hilton or similar. The place is clean, with a nice country atmosphere. They have delicious coffee and a beautiful breakfast area. The pool is great with a whirlpool you can slide into from the pool. The place looks brand new, but I think it is not - it is just managed really well.

There was a reservation made in my name at the hotel, when I told the attendent that night that the day was wrong, she let me call the business that reserved us the room, and when I gave her the phone back to talk to the man, she looked at me like I was crazy and asked what should she say. I just wanted her to talk to the person and find out if the reservation was mixed up and how to fix it. I was just surprised she didn't know how she could help. Either way, the hotel is great and I'd love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Try and get into the king room with the sleeper sofa. It's like a house. Nice.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family