“Made me sick”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I went to this place after reading several reviews that raved about it. They must have been posted by the owners. I ordered a combo plate that had a chili relleno, a beef enchilada, refried beans and rice. I should have been suspicious when after I ordered, I quickly went to the restroom and the food was on the table as soon as I sat back down. Everything was simply coated with melted cheese, and it was ab out the only thing on the plate that had any flavor at all. Beans from a can have more flavor than these, the rice was just that, rice with no discerible seasoning. The chili used in the relleno was flavorless and stuffed with a white cheese that had more in common with plastic than a dairy product. The enchilada was the only thing that had any flavor and it wasn't especially a good flavor. To top it off, I got sick that night and the meal I had at Las Margaritas was the only thing I could attribute it to. The only reason I didn't rate it terrible is the service was good and price was reasonable. I've had better Mexican food at Taco Bell.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were there with a group of 5. They sat us right away and got our drinks. The salsa tasted homemade and was wonderful. All of our meals were perfect, even though I travel with some picky folks who like to substitute a lot. Everytime my group comes here, we stop and eat at Las Margaritas.

1  Thank ideckard
Reviewed August 30, 2012

When I visit Garden City this is the first place I want to eat. The service is top-notch, even when the restaurant is packed. Healthy Mexican food is a true find in this part of the country.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We found this restaurant listed number one on Trip Advisor. It deserves its number one rating. Great food and excellent service.

Please note that this restaurant is downtown. Parking was not a problem. It is on the lower level of an older building. It could be a little difficult to find for first timers. It is worth the hunt! We had a party of two on a Saturday night at 6:15 pm. Although they were busy, they still had immediate seating.

They have plenty of dinners on the menu under $10. All in all, the pricing was very reasonable for the quality of the food that you get.

Recommendation: GO!

2  Thank Ultimatetravelking
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This place can be hard to find and can be easily missed if one looks for it while driving. It is situated downstairs below street level in a building that houses several other businesses along the street. There is just a single glass door signifying it's location.

We just went there for appetizers and drinks. We ordeedr a cheese crisp and nachos. They were among the best I've ever tasted. They both were smothered (and I mean SMOTHERED) with tasty cheese. They weren't stingy in the cheese department!. The margaritas were OK. My Cadillac didn't really taste like one (it seemed like they might have left out the Grand Marnier). The waiter insisted it was indeed added...but said with a smile that they would be happy to put in more if I wasn't satisfied...and they did.

All the servers and bus boys had a smile on their faces which helped make our experience there quite pleasant. The restaurant itself was decorated nicely in the very stereotypical Mexican Restaurants style. Overall, we had a great time coming here.

1  Thank Rogerdob