“A great nights sleep”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Garden City
Cornwall
“A great nights sleep”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Our first hotel in the US and a great room. Adjusting to the time zone and the room with a sofa came in very handy for those of us padding around in the early hours. The hot tub was way too hot for me, felt a bit faint when I got out after only a few minutes. Lots of equipment in there for those not able to access independently. Breakfast was everything I expected, except for the throw away plates, cutlery etc. I suppose this is a sign of the times.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lawrence, KS, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I go to Garden City frequently for work and I stay at the Hampton Inn every time. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the beds are very comfortable, and the gym is decent. It's easy to find and reasonably close to anywhere I need to go. The wifi can be a bit slow, but I don't have trouble using the internet for basic things like email.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Staff is great. Physical condition of property needs serous review, IE, additional capital investment. Manager does good job considering lack of dedication by ownership. Treadmill squeaks, VERY Loudly, is wore out. I have stayed here for 6 months and this issue has not been addressed by ownership

Hillsborough, NJ, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My job allows me to travel throughout North America and I usually stay at Hampton. This Garden City location is by far my favorite. The people and overall accommodations are top notch! I can say truly say It's like coming Home!

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

A good location if you're on the road and need an affordable place to stay. Garden City doesn't offer any good places to eat, but the Hampton was relatively clean and comfortable.
Rooms w big soaker tubs are nice but they fill very slowly.

• Stayed October 2013
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here last week while on a cross country motorcycle ride. For several weeks, we stayed at mainly Hampton's and Hilton's. This one was amongst the best. I would have given it a 5 except for the eggs as others have mentioned, and the pool was too warm. They were defintely not "real eggs" and didn't even taste like powdered ones. I would suggest that they make some changes in that area...maybe going to the "omelets" that other Hamptons serve - that would be an improvement. We did not want to get back ont he bikes as it was very windy, so we just walked next door to the iHop for dinner. Upon our return, we noticed people in the breakfast area so went to check it out. They had the buffet warmers out with chips, queso, salsa, and jalepeno's so you could make nachoes. They also had beans and a warmer full of meatballs - they were very good. Yes, we had just eaten but I had to snag one meatball. They also had lots of cookies. Had we seen the "buffet" before going to dinner, we would have just eaten there.

As I mentioned previously, the pool temp was too warm for our liking but keep in mind that we were hot from riding motorcycles all day and like to cool off by jumping in. It is probably fine for someone who has been sitting in an air conditioned vehicle all day.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfy, which is something I don't find in a hotel too often.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hutchinson, KS
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were very disappointed in our one night stay at the Garden City Hampton Inn. Upon opening our room door, it appear our bed had not been made properly, and duvet did not look clean as the note on our bed said it was. We had no ironing board, even after asking an uninterested desk clerk for one. He had no idea what to do to provide one for us. The bathroom floor was not clean and was absolutely filthy under the vanity. When we got up this morning and entered the bathroom, my husband killed two bugs, which looked like cockroaches, therefore we were worried we might carry them home with us, so had to unload suitcases outside before entering our house. The staff was overall friendly, the breakfast was standard hotel fare, except the scrambled eggs didn't look like eggs I have ever seen before. Will go back across the street to Comfort Inn next time we are in GC. It was a much better value with a great breakfast with real dishes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple