“A Fantastic Slice of History from Ft. Riley and the US Calvary!”
Review of Fort Riley

Fort Riley
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I was traveling across Kansas and made a point to visit Ft Riley and the US Calvary Museum. This unique museum has some incredible history from the US Calvary from the horse solders to the current armored cavalry. I enjoyed my day in the museum as well as several example of armor from World War II. I especially enjoyed the history and uniforms from the Custer area. I highly recommend this excellent example of our history!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

If you love old architecture, stories of the "old days", and the United States Army, Fort Riley is a must see. Not only were we privileged to live on this beautiful installation, we learned about our nations military history in the museums on post. The historical society does an amazing job preserving this post. I love their haunted tours and Christmas tours through the huge houses on post. I miss this place very much! Apple Days is also a great event worth traveling in to see!

1  Thank Ann H
Reviewed December 31, 2013

An awesome collection and historical record of the United States Cavalry from its earliest days in the late 1700s as horse-mounted dragoons thru today's mechanized vehicles.

A very impressive collection of uniforms and artifacts from all the major periods in the US Cavalry evolution through modern times.

We drove 2 hours out of our way to visit. Well worth the deviation. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Fort Riley, KS is a very interesting and historical facility. It is a garrison for the Big ed One infantry and Gen. George A. Custer and his wife, Libby, were here for a time. Their home is a museum housing many period pieces depicting day-to-day living in the West. Also here is the General's Color Guard Cavalry. These soldiers demonstrate the fignting skills of mounted soldiers. There are several museums on base that are devoted to the history of the Army Infantry and how life was lived during the 1800's.

I recommend the Fort for any military buff!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Fort Riley has several old buildings that are beautiful in their architecture. The 1st Infantry Division Museum, U.S. Cavalry Museum, and The Custer House are all well worth visiting. Surrounding the Cavalry Museum outside are several Military Vehicles, as well as a few Equestrian Statues. Beautiful place to spend a few hour.