“okay place to stay”

Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Emporia
Ransom, Kansas
“okay place to stay”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Have stayed here three times, staff very friendly. Room was fairly clean. Could use some updates though throughout the whole place. Did not use the pool or hot tub (not sure how clean it was). Would be great if the place had a restaurant (had a place for it). Price was right for the type of motel. The beds could be replaced, the mattress was old. All in all was not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank LORI F
ksenanayake, General Manager at Knights Inn Emporia, responded to this review, October 29, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. Come back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Norfolk, Nebraska
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here for the Dirty Kanza. The motel is older but is kept up nicely. Rooms were inexpensive. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room however, neither one was plugged in or running. The mattress was shot and made terrible creaking noises but it was comfortable. We had a room inside the dome, next to the indoor/outdoor swimming pool. It was loud. The front desk staff was slow but helpful and attentive. I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Gustavo_Fring
Thank you for the feedback. We hope you comeback for the next dirty kanza
Augusta, Kansas
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I chose this since it was somewhat cheap and we usually travel on the skids. We checked in really late and requested extra towels: the desk clerk said "I can't access that room to get you towels." The room was all right, but it is an old motel. The thermostat in the room didn't work worth a damn, and the room was a little warm. The kicker was this: we had booked this room online. Two months later I get a call from the owner that they DIDN'T CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD FOR THE STAY. Inconvenient, to say the least. I would recommend staying somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Eric B
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay

Travelers are raving about these Emporia hotels

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a fine place to stay on a budget. It was clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. I had booked with booking.com and had no problems on arrival with my less than $50 room for 2 double beds. We had a microwave and mini-fridge. I asked the desk to copy some documents for me and it was handled very professionally. I also asked about possibility of booking the room for another night if winter storm came in and was offered the same discounted price. This is an older hotel and is showing it's age. The atrium/doom was about 50 degrees, I'm certain it wouldn't have been fun to be in the pool that was listed as inside/outside. The room was clean and bathroom was in good condition. This is a handy location, close to the highway, standard interstate restaurant selection, and a WalMart. No hesitation in recommending this for travelers on a budget or groups like ball teams. Our family stayed here several times for summer ball tournaments, it is a great budget friendly option. Breakfast was sparse.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Becky H
Thank you for the feedback. Come back again
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were in town for a friends wedding and needed a stay for only one night. Thankfully, we left our son back home with his grandparents because I would not have had him even walk into this room! The bathrooms had a dinge all over it. The heat did not work and we had to be switched into another room. The mirror on the vanity was broken and black in places. I did not want to walk on the carpet barefoot, the sheets were so rough and the pillows were very lumpy. It is def run down. The lobby was recently remodeled but that was the only thing new. The breakfast in the moring had eggo waffles next to a toaster and the worst coffee I have ever had.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We are very sorry that you did not have a comfortable stay. We are upgrading the property. We hope you come back again.
U.s.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pros - inside and outside pool, refrigerator with small freezer, microwave, and small coffee pot in room.
Cons - Shower did not work, several outlets in the room did not work, the tub looked nasty. No breakfast.
I would not recommend this hotel for more than a one night stay. There are several hotels in the area I would look at before booking a room here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ksenanayake, General Manager at Knights Inn Emporia, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Mike G,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our property last year. I am glad you got to utilize our unique pool featuring both indoor and outdoor sections to swim, as well as our in room amenities. I do apologize for the outlets, shower, and breakfast issues. I would like you to know that we have new management that have corrected these issues. Additionally, we serve breakfast daily from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM daily. I would like you to give us another chance on your next visit to Emporia. You will want to stay to stay with us for more than one night after experiencing our new culture and staff!

Kap
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was part of a group trip and we stayed at the Guesthouse Inn. we had reserved 31 rooms months ago. We phoned an hour before ariving and told the receptionist what time we would be arriving. We got there at 9:30 p.m. They were totally unprepared for us - no keys made! It took over an hour to process everyone. Almost all of our rooms were facing the inside dome. None of the rooms had working air conditioning. The staff had to reassign everyone to outside facing rooms with air conditioning that worked. This took another hour. I got to my second room and the air didn't work in that one either. Changed rooms again. This time air conditioning worked. The clock radio didn't work so had to count on a wake-up call. Some of the rooms had large grasshoppers in them! For breakfast, the hotel knew we had 94 people, prepared for around 20 and opend 20 minutes late.

On the positive side, the desk staff tried their best to accomodate us even though they were not prepared by management to handle our group.

There is no way I would ever stay in this motel again. It was very poorly managed.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!